Safety precautions to take to protect you and your family from carbon monoxide
- Ensure your boiler and gas appliances are installed correctly and serviced annually by a registered gas installer
- Choose room-sealed appliances
- With room sealed appliances, the air used for combustion comes from outside of the house and the emissions are then discharged outside again. This means that the air in the room is unaffected by the appliance.
- Ensure the rooms in your home containing heating appliances are properly ventilated – never block vents.
- Make sure all chimneys and flues are regularly swept and kept clear