Accounts Receivable & Reconciliations Manager
Gas Networks Ireland owns, builds and maintains the natural gas network in Ireland and connects all customers to the gas network. Gas Networks Ireland is committed to growth, innovation and sustainability and continues to be a major employer in Ireland, providing a dynamic and modern place to work. The organisation builds and operates one of the most modern and safe gas networks in the world.
The gas network is a €2.6BN asset which is owned by the people of Ireland and it plays a vital role in Ireland’s energy system. The gas network delivers 30% of Ireland's primary energy needs, serving homes, businesses and electricity generation. Over half of Ireland’s electricity is generated using natural gas. It is operated safely, and it provides energy security for the country. Our vision is to have a net zero carbon gas network by 2050 and we are taking steps to transport renewable gases such as biomethane and hydrogen. We are also actively rolling out infrastructure to support CNG in transport.
Gas Networks Ireland is now seeking to appoint an Accounts Receivable & Reconciliations Manager.
The Data Competency and Financial Support Services deliver centralised ownership and oversight of activities which manage, measure and improve GNI’s data. The Data Competency and Financial Support Services advise on the governance, design and management of data, monitor resulting data quality and manage the transaction services for Gas Networks Ireland (Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable).
Reporting to the Transaction Services Finance Manager, the AR & Reconciliations Manager is responsible for managing and leading the AR & Reconciliations Team. Responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective administration of all GNI bank accounts/cash balances and Accounts Payable payments. The role also includes responsibility for overseeing the Accounts Receivable process on behalf of Gas Networks Ireland.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the AR & Reconciliations Team by ensuring the Team operates to financial budget and headcount targets, delivers on agreed Service Level Agreements, and performs to agreed KPI’s.
- Manage the bank reconciliation process for all bank accounts of GNI to agreed/strict timelines and in accordance with GNI policies.
- Responsible for the processing of all AP Payments of GNI including obtaining appropriate approvals in line with GNI polices and within defined timelines.
- Responsible for the processing of all other non AP business payments including payroll, financial security refunds, grants, wayleave cheques, ad-hoc payments etc. Ensuring appropriate business sign off and approval in line with GNI policies.
- Manage the Accounts Receivable function on behalf of GNI and Aurora, comprising Customer billing and invoicing, receipting and collection activities including GNI Shipper Disbursement & Transportation Receipts and Siteworks, Disbursement Cashouts, Customer Refunds etc.
- Provide Credit Control administration to GNI.
- Responsible for the compliance and governance of the Supplier Bank Details Process.
- Ensure sound and robust processes are in place to detect/identify fraud. Continually review and change processes as appropriate for fraud detection/prevention.
- Responsible for Expenses Spot checking and quarterly reporting to HR Business Partners in adherence with the GNI Expenses Policy.
- Responsible for Credit Card spot checking and quarterly reporting to Group Treasury in adherence with the GNI Credit Card Policy.
- Provide support in the development of a best practice control environment and adherence to all necessary financial controls to ensure the production of accurate financial records and information.
- Responsible for the BCP Process for the AR & Reconciliations Team
- Responsible for the AR & Reconciliations Team Risk Register.
- Responsible for performance management and development of direct report
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a similar financial/accounting role working in a large- scale organisation.
- A recognised accounting qualification (ACA; CIMA; ACCA, CPA) or equivalent is desirable.
- Relevant third-level qualification.
- Previous experience of working in a compliance role would be an advantage.
- Developing effective cross-functional relationships with the business to accomplish objectives.
- Anticipating and proactively managing issues, solving problems and supporting implementation and acceptance of change.
- Driving continuous process improvements - identifying opportunities, generating ideas, recommending and implementing solutions, delivering synergies and efficiencies.
- Operating in a utility company or in a regulated industry would be an advantage.
- Working with Oracle would be an advantage.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with guiding and developing others towards their goals, providing appropriate feedback and coaching.
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks, work with schedules, manage resources while remaining focused on team goals.
- Driver of high standards for individual, team and organisational accomplishment and delivering desired results.
Applications, including current Curriculum Vitae, should be emailed to the following address stating the job title and reference number in the subject line of your email:
email@example.comThe closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is the 3rd of April 2023.
Please note that applications submitted after this closing date will not be accepted.
Gas Networks Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive place of work and have a robust strategy and framework called ibelong to enable this. We are an equal opportunity employer and through our recruitment process we welcome and encourage applications from interested and suitably qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, membership of the traveller community, religion or beliefs, family or civil status, sexual orientation/gender identity or disability.