Asset Data Quality Manager
Ervia is a commercial semi-state company which provides strategic national gas and water infrastructure and services in Ireland. Through our regulated business, Gas Networks Ireland, we build and operate one of the most modern and safe gas networks in the world. In 2014, we took responsibility for the operation and maintenance of Ireland's water and wastewater assets through our other regulated business Irish Water. Ervia directly employs over 1,600 people who deliver services to 1.6 million customers daily. We are guardians of the national assets and experts in our field. Our infrastructure supports economic and social development, protects the environment and enhances the health and quality of life of the Irish people.
The Asset Management function within Gas Networks Ireland is responsible for optimising the return from the asset portfolio. Asset Management identify, plan and develop investment programs while achieving an optimal balance between customer requirements, asset efficiency and risk. Asset Management considers the financial and regulatory effects of the proposed investment strategies.
The Asset Information team within Asset Management is responsible for interrogating the systems used within Asset Management to provide information used to inform policy decisions. Reporting to the Asset Data & Information Manager, the Asset Data Quality Manager will have day to day responsibility for leading the Asset Data Quality team, delivering Asset Register, Planned Maintenance & Project Governance processes via the Maximo Work & Asset Management system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop an annual plan for the Maximo Asset Data Quality section, aligning with the Asset Management Balance Scorecard and Asset Information Strategy objectives.
- Support the annual review and continual improvement of the Asset Information Strategy.
- Administer Project Governance process for Distribution (DX) projects to agreed SLA’s, ensuring appropriate monitoring and metrics are in place to effectively manage workload.
- Deliver the Asset Register Process for Transmission (TX) and Distribution (DX) Assets and Locations ensuring compliance with Gas Networks Ireland functional hierarchies, etc.
- Support the development of solutions for an Asset Data Capture tools enabling Design, Construction and Asset Operations to enter preliminary and final as-laid asset and location data to a predefined standard and allowing Asset Information to efficiently validate and load asset data to Maximo.
- Monitor and enhance the Asset Register Process and ensure that stakeholder roles and responsibilities are clearly understood, agreed and demonstrated for all parts of the asset lifecycle
- Provide systemisation support to Asset Programs and Asset Strategy in the setup, implementation and modification of new and existing Planned Maintenance.
- Create Planned Maintenance schedules for new Assets and Locations in line with Asset Maintenance policies and ensure that all required data capture mechanisms are in place.
- Progress suite of Maintenance Systemisation documents to support Planned Maintenance alignment with Asset Maintenance policies.
- Contribute to the review of FSR, functional hierarchies and Asset Maintenance Policy documents providing clarity of information requirements and approval sign off in line with ISO 55001 requirements.
- Support the continual improvement cycle across all key Asset Data Quality activities, agreeing, influencing, embedding and documenting process enhancement and innovations in conjunction with the business.
- Manage the Asset Data Quality Initiatives Register, prioritising key initiatives within the team and collaborating with the organisation on cross functional systemised data cleansing and key data quality projects
- Monitor Asset, Location and Planned Maintenance data quality via KPIs, metrics and exception reporting, liaising with key stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of Data Standards for Asset Data Architecture as a member of the Asset Data Governance Group and provide relevant support to asset technical Architecture decisions.
- Provide status reports to the Asset Data & Information Manager and escalation of risks through the Risk Management System.
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Relevant third level qualification and at least 3 -5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in managing information systems eg Maximo, Sharepoint, etc is essential.
- Experience leading teams/ Projects is an advantage.
- An ability to demonstrate a compelling quality management orientation, supported by relevant experience
- You will be a strong team player and have a demonstrated ability to bring teams together.
- You will be a natural collaborator seeking out opportunities to share knowledge and improve results.
- You will have a clear communication style and will be able to influence others effectively.
- You are results focused and have a track record of getting results through others.
- You are comfortable with making and taking appropriate decisions
- You are committed to providing excellent customer service and have a track record of delivering excellence through others.
How to apply
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is the 21st January 2019
Applications, including a current Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please include the Reference Number for this Role when making an application*
Ervia is an equal opportunities employer