GNI274 - BIM Mechanical Technician
Gas Networks Ireland operates and maintains Ireland’s €2.7bn, 14,617km national gas network, which is considered one of the safest and most modern gas networks in the world. Over 706,000 Irish homes and businesses trust Ireland’s gas network to provide affordable and reliable energy to meet their heating, cooking and transport needs.
The gas network is the cornerstone of Ireland’s energy system, securely supplying more than 30% of Ireland’s total energy, including 40% of all heating and over 50% of the country’s electricity generation. By facilitating the roll-out of new technologies such as CNG in transport and replacing natural gas with renewable gases such as biomethane and hydrogen, Gas Networks Ireland is working to deliver a net-zero carbon gas network and support Ireland’s journey to a cleaner energy future.
Gas Networks Ireland is a commercial semi-state organisation committed to growth, innovation, safety and sustainability. The company is an employer of choice for many, providing a dynamic, modern and inclusive workplace for its staff to grow and develop throughout their career.
The Asset Delivery function within Gas Networks Ireland is responsible for the end to end planning, designing and delivery of GNI’s portfolio of asset development programmes. Encompassing the three pillars of Project Delivery Management, Design Delivery and Project Services; the Asset Delivery function brings together all the technical and project support resources needed to take high-level projects and programmes from the Portfolio Office and translate these into actionable projects; incorporating detailed design, project planning and construction/connection delivery.
The Design Services Team within Asset Delivery is responsible for engineering drawing management, technical records, design safety, and maintenance of the geospatial data for the gas network in GIS.
The Installations team within Design Services is responsible for producing detailed designs and drawings, maintaining prerequisites including material requirements, and applying standardised design templates where appropriate. The Drawing Office Technician will be responsible for producing technical drawings, required to support all design work and producing proposed work and site plans in key systems e.g. Autodesk products(AutoCAD, Revit, Plant 3D, Navisworks) Bentley Microstation, GIS, Maximo. The Installation team is responsible for ensuring that engineering records, high quality drawings and 3D models are delivered accurately, on time and within budget to support the detailed design process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing draughting duties using CAD Software, working on projects covering all aspects of Installation and pipeline modifications from Preliminary to As Built Issue.
- Production of Installation Drawings including but not limited to Engineering Line Diagram, Arrangements, Detail Sheets, Welding Isometrics, Hazardous Areas and Field Manual Isometrics.
- Create and maintain any drawings and documents within the Engineering Document Management System, Meridian.
- Development of Building Information Models in Revit or Plant 3d as well as the Preparation and Generation of Preliminary, Tender, Construction Drawings from the Model, and any outputs to Navisworks that are required throughout the Design process.
- Effective utilisation of Inventory Management Systems in Maximo for processing of project materials (MTO’s) in conjunction with Engineering and Inventory Management functions.
- Recording of Asset Data information using asset data capture tool or asset data sheet for all project work associated with new installations or upgrade works.
- Control and tracking of project pre-requisites within Maximo. Flexibility to undertake a multi-disciplined role when required.
- Maintaining a very close working relationship with Design and Project Engineers.
- Conducting as required site surveys.
- Adhering to drawing office procedures and standards.
- Performing other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Attending meetings as and when required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Relevant 3rd Level Mechanical or BIM Qualification (Level 6 or above) is essential with minimum 3 years appropriate experience.
- Strong Technical proficiency with either Bentley Microstation or Autodesk AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of BIM and its operation, including creating and developing models in Revit or Plant 3D and Navisworks.
- You will be a strong team player and have a demonstrated ability to work with others on shared goals and objectives
- You will have experience of working within teams and across virtual teams to deliver on shared goals and objectives
- You will be an active communicator and listener, comfortable conveying your ideas and open to the ideas of others
- You are adaptable and flexible in your approach and strive to improve processes and ways of working
- You are comfortable with taking the initiative and constantly seek out opportunities to learn new skills
- You will be result focused and have a track record of delivering on key goals and objectives
- You will have demonstrated judgment and decision making capability to achieve common goals
- You will be committed to delivering excellent service to internal/external customers
Applications, including current Curriculum Vitae, should be emailed to the following address stating the job title and reference number in the subject line of your email: email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is the 28th October 2021
Please note that applications submitted after this closing date will not be accepted.
Gas Networks Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive place of work and have a robust strategy and framework called ibelong to enable this. We are an equal opportunity employer and through our recruitment process we welcome and encourage applications from interested and suitably qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, membership of the traveller community, religion or beliefs, family or civil status, sexual orientation/gender identity or disability.