Customer Contact Coordinator
Gas Networks Ireland operates and maintains Ireland’s €2.7bn, 14,617km national gas network, which is considered one of the safest and most modern gas networks in the world. Over 706,000 Irish homes and businesses trust Ireland’s gas network to provide convenient and reliable energy to meet their heating, cooking and transport needs.
The gas network is the cornerstone of Ireland’s energy system, securely supplying more than 30% of Ireland’s total energy, including 40% of all heating and over 50% of the country’s electricity generation. By facilitating the roll-out of new technologies such as CNG in transport and replacing natural gas with renewable gases such as biomethane and hydrogen, Gas Networks Ireland is working to deliver a net-zero carbon gas network and support Ireland’s journey to a cleaner energy future.
Gas Networks Ireland is a commercial semi-state organisation committed to growth, innovation, safety and sustainability. The company is an employer of choice for many, providing a dynamic, modern and inclusive workplace for its staff to grow and develop throughout their career.
The Customer Contact Team within Customer and Communications Function is responsible for ensuring that all customer contact processes (post-connection) are developed and delivered appropriately and efficiently. Reporting to the Customer Contact Manager, the Customer Contact Analyst is responsible for assisting the Customer Contact Manager in defining, improving and implementing processes to manage the contact centre CSRs to support customers and the business to deliver on its objectives. A key function of the role is to establish structured and robust process for training updates and process improvements to deliver an optimum customer experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mapping out of new processes as identified by the Business
- Develop material to deliver customer-facing process
- Train-the-Trainer in Contact Centre
- Review current library of mapped processes
- Review of performance of mapped processes to drive CI
- Managing daily interactions with Contact Centre team leads and staff
- Assisting with directing calls through the rest of the Networks organisation
- Providing daily/weekly updates as appropriate of Network activities to keep Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) updated
- Monitor adherence to Data Protection principles
- Coordinating further migrations of administration and inbound/outbound call traffic from Networks back-office sections to the Contact Centre
- Holding monthly/quarterly review sessions with supplier
- Maintaining stock levels for the Contact Centre – ordering items and liaising with Customer Experience
- Liaising as point of contact between Service Desk / Contact Centre users / Contact Centre IT on errors and issues
- Coordinating in call calibration programs
- Raising risks and issues as appropriate to the Customer Contact Manager
- Working with Asset Mgmt & Service Delivery on proactive customer facing programmes (MRP, PEIP, GB Survey)
- Co-ordinating site visits for contact centre staff, and GNI back office visits to the contact centre
- Point of contact for process owners in GNI; identifying and facilitating process improvements & changes
- Maintaining relationship with Contact Centre training staff & assisting in the development of training material as required
- Developing a structured approach to outbound calling to provide consistency, effective communication with the customer and appropriate updating of Maximo
- Participating in ongoing customer service projects as required
- Ensuring that all work is progressed by the customer contact CSRs according to agreed timelines, and supervising day to day inputs to confirm processes rules are adhered to
- Develop and maintain reports as required by the Head of Customer and Communications and Process Owners.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Third Level Qualification and 1-3 years’ experience in a Customer Service role is desirable
- Ability to work with others to ensure success in the performance of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey messages in a clear and concise manner
- Proven effective time management skills with the ability to prioritise and remain focused
- Flexible with regards working in a changing environment and the ability to adjust to new work structures, processes, and requirements as necessary
- Proactively identifying new areas of learning and using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job
- Striving for quality and ensuring consistent high standards of work
Applications, including current Curriculum Vitae, should be emailed to the following address stating the job title and reference number in the subject line of your email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is the 6th June 2023.
Please note that applications submitted after this closing date will not be accepted.
Gas Networks Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive place of work and have a robust strategy and framework called ibelong to enable this. We are an equal opportunity employer and through our recruitment process we welcome and encourage applications from interested and suitably qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, membership of the traveller community, religion or beliefs, family or civil status, sexual orientation/gender identity or disability.