Customer Contact Manager
Gas Networks Ireland operates and maintains Ireland’s €2.7bn, 14,617km national gas network, which is considered one of the safest and most modern gas networks in the world. Over 706,000 Irish homes and businesses trust Ireland’s gas network to provide convenient and reliable energy to meet their heating, cooking and transport needs.
The gas network is the cornerstone of Ireland’s energy system, securely supplying more than 30% of Ireland’s total energy, including 40% of all heating and over 50% of the country’s electricity generation. By facilitating the roll-out of new technologies such as CNG in transport and replacing natural gas with renewable gases such as biomethane and hydrogen, Gas Networks Ireland is working to deliver a net-zero carbon gas network and support Ireland’s journey to a cleaner energy future.
Gas Networks Ireland is a commercial semi-state organisation committed to growth, innovation, safety and sustainability. The company is an employer of choice for many, providing a dynamic, modern and inclusive workplace for its staff to grow and develop throughout their career.
The Customer Contact Manager will report to the Customer Care Manager within the Customer and Communications function ensuring the customer focus is delivered in all activities. The responsibility of the role covers the management of the GNI Contact Centre. The relationship with the outsource Contact Centre partner is a key responsibility of the job to ensure maximum value is derived for GNI from the contract and that customer service is delivered to the highest possible standard. Customer service initiatives should be identified which will improve customer satisfaction and reduce complaint volumes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage, coach and enable Customer Contact team to develop, deliver, maintain and improve Contact Centre Operations
Management of Contact Centre Contract
- Maintain management of relationship with Contact Centre provider
- Define KPIs/SLAs and measure and report on progress
- Conduct regular review meetings
- Manage suite of reports
- Manage invoicing/contractual issues
- Manage Contact Centre budget and annual action plan delivering high performance and value for money
- Seek opportunities to improve process and remove waste in processes (continuous improvement)
- Support the development, evaluation and transition to new service contract(s)
- Manage IT upgrades/updates between Contact Centre IT/GNI IT
- Manage bi-annual Suretel and DR recovery tests
- Play a leadership role in planning and driving key business outcomes across all customer channels
- Ensure that business expectations are being championed and delivered
- Overall day to day management of all customer contact channels (phone, email, web, social media) ensuring optimum channels available for customers queries/ complaints and business continuity and its overall strategic development and direction.
Contact Centre Operations
- Liaise with GNI line managers to co-ordinate training/site visits to contact centre
- Manage contact calibration process to assess quality of calls and derive outputs
- Co-ordinate rollout of new systems and processes post-connection in line with GNI process owners
- Identify instances where value can be increased, e.g. Change management
- Facilitate rollout of frontline communication of asset programmes
Customer Service Development
- Analyse customer experience feedback and carry out root cause analysis to establish areas of weakness in customer facing processes
- Implement programme of continuous improvement in customer facing post-connection processes
- Participate in benchmarking programmes to assess adherence to industry standards
- Refresh training material taking into account web-based options.
- Participate in industry forums to keep informed of best practice
- Identify and implement new platforms for communication e.g. social media
- Participate in ongoing customer service projects as required
- Ensure customer charter commitments are achieved for call handling
- Report on contact centre activity to senior management on monthly/quarterly basis
- Report on monthly KPIs
- Prepare annual reports as required
- Ensure Customer Contact activities are in alignment with GNI Strategy
- Other duties as required from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Relevant third level degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience is desirable
- Knowledge of contact centre business model an advantage
- Previous experience with initiating and maintaining strategic relationships both internally and externally, using strong influencing skills to achieve business goals
- Provide coaching in the development of the technical skills and abilities in others
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with the ability to generate innovative technical solutions as required
- A good understanding of business operations and the commercial viability and impact of technical / professional decisions on the performance of the organisation
- Driver of high standards for individual, team and organisational accomplishment and delivering desired results
- Proven track record with dealing with complex issues, proactively and in a timely fashion, along with the ability to communicate complex information to others.
Applications, including current Curriculum Vitae, should be emailed to the following address stating the job title and reference number in the subject line of your email: email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is the 29th March 2023
Please note that applications submitted after this closing date will not be accepted.
Gas Networks Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive place of work and have a robust strategy and framework called ibelong to enable this. We are an equal opportunity employer and through our recruitment process we welcome and encourage applications from interested and suitably qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, membership of the traveller community, religion or beliefs, family or civil status, sexual orientation/gender identity or disability.