GNI213 - Land Management Specialist
Ervia is a commercial semi-state company which provides strategic national gas and water infrastructure and services in Ireland. Through our regulated business, Gas Networks Ireland, we build and operate one of the most modern and safe gas networks in the world. In 2014, we took responsibility for the operation and maintenance of Ireland's water and wastewater assets through our other regulated business Irish Water. Ervia directly employs over 1,600 people who deliver services to 1.6 million customers daily. We are guardians of the national assets and experts in our field. Our infrastructure supports economic and social development, protects the environment and enhances the health and quality of life of the Irish people.
The Asset Management function within Gas Networks Ireland is responsible for optimising the return from the asset portfolio. Asset Management identify, plan and develop investment programmes while achieving an optimal balance between customer requirements, asset efficiency and risk. Asset Management considers the financial and regulatory effects of the proposed investment strategies.
The Asset Programmes team within Asset Management is responsible for the management of all aspects of programmes from conception through to construction. Reporting to the Land Management Strategy Lead, the Land Management Specialist will be responsible for the day to day activities associated with land and wayleave acquisition by consent and/or Compulsory Acquisition Procedures within Gas Networks Ireland.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer and process individual wayleave and site acquisitions.
- Instruct and consult with Legal Advisors/Valuers/ Engineers/Agronomists and other Professional advisors. Analyse and evaluate compensation claims.
- Maintain and update the Wayleave Oracle System and SharePoint filing systems. Utilise IT systems for the wayleave process and engage with development and improvement of systems to meet current and future requirements.
- Participate in project meetings with Capital Programmes, Design and Consulting Engineers
- Monitor and assist in the preparation of detailed routing and budget reports for land and wayleave acquisition aspects of projects.
- Responsible for preparing Land Management budgets and accruals.
- Manage landowner queries and concerns in relation to every aspect of construction and Wayleave acquisition.
- Oversee readiness activities for landowner engagement associated with wayleaves and site acquisition on each project including liaison with Agricultural Liaison Officers and Land Agency provider.
- Review payment of compensation, landowners’ professional fees, rental/licence payments and Gas Network Ireland professional fees pre managerial sign off.
- Prepare evidence and documentation in an event of an Oral Hearing, Court Injunctions, Arbitration Hearings and Proceedings associated with wayleave and land acquisitions. Form applications for Compulsory Purchase Orders and construction activities.
- Build effective working relationships with Design, Programme Management, Business Services, Asset Operations and Construction in relation to capital programmes and management of operational issues
- Liaise with Government Departments, Commission for Energy Regulation, Statutory Bodies, Local Authorities, An Bord Pleanala etc.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Relevant third level degree and/or professional qualification.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Experience with Maximo desirable.
- Proven ability to be an advocate for development and implementation of change helping to deliver process improvement, system improvements/efficiencies.
- You are comfortable with change and have a demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for improvements and efficiency
- Experience in budget management
- Experience of developing and maintaining effective strategic partnerships with key stakeholders, in particular those associated with land ownership (e.g. Valuers, Agronomists, Legal Advisors, Consulting Engineers and professional service providers).
- You will be a strong team player and have a demonstrated ability to bring teams together.
- You will be a natural collaborator seeking out opportunities to share knowledge and improve results.
- You will have a clear communication style and will be able to influence others effectively.
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is the 3rd August 2021.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive place of work and have a robust strategy and framework called ibelong to enable this. We are an equal opportunity employer and through our recruitment process we welcome and encourage applications from interested and suitably qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, membership of the traveller community, religion or beliefs, family or civil status, sexual orientation/gender identity or disability.
Applications, including a current Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to: email@example.com
*Please include the Reference Number for this Role when making an application*