GNI216 - Lawyer
Gas Networks Ireland is the subsidiary company of Ervia that owns, builds and maintains the natural gas network in Ireland and connects all customers to the gas network. Gas Networks Ireland is committed to growth, innovation and sustainability and continues to be a major employer in Ireland, providing a dynamic and modern place to work. Ervia is a commercial semi-state multi-utility company with responsibility for the delivery of gas and water infrastructure and services in Ireland. The organisation builds and operates one of the most modern and safe gas networks in the world, and through Irish Water, the national water utility, provides safe, clean and affordable water and waste water services in the Republic of Ireland. Applications are now invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Lawyer within the Legal Department of Gas Networks Ireland.
Reporting to a Commercial Lawyer in the Legal Department of Gas Networks Ireland, the Lawyer will be responsible for advising on, drafting and negotiating a large variety of legal agreements, with a focus on Gas Networks Ireland’s commercial innovation projects and the contractual framework pertaining to same.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Legal Department and the business of Gas Networks Ireland in providing in-house legal advice for all commercial contracts, including connection agreements, grant agreements, R&D partnership agreements, data protection agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
- Drafting, negotiating, reviewing, updating various legal agreements, including standard form and bespoke contracts.
- Managing and supporting third party specialists, including external lawyers to deliver required business outcomes.
- Identifying areas of potential legal risk, developing reporting structures in relation to those risks and conducting reviews where required.
- Promoting legal awareness and communicating to the business when legal input should be sought.
- Monitoring and keeping business units advised of relevant legislative changes and case-law affecting the conduct of the company’s business.
- Providing day to day support to the Legal Department and the business, in conjunction with third party specialists, to deliver required business outcomes.
- Ensuring that continuing professional development is maintained and that professional knowledge remains current, by participating in appropriate training / courses / seminars, as agreed with the Head of Legal.
- Other duties as required from time to time.
- Inputting and maintaining the legal register with precedents & legislation.
Requirements for the role
- Qualified Solicitor with circa 4 years post qualification, including at least 2 years in commercial contracts.
- Knowledge of energy legislation and regulatory framework desirable.
- Ability to deal confidently and professionally on day to day issues and handle complex issues with limited supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate a good level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support of other members of the team.
- Solution-orientated, i.e. ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an 'academic' approach to legal issues.
- Ability to set own high standards of performance and delivering desired results
Applications, including current Curriculum Vitae, should be emailed to the following address stating the job title and reference number in the subject line of your email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is 16th June 2021
Please note that applications submitted after this closing date will not be accepted.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive place of work and have a robust strategy and framework called ibelong to enable this. We are an equal opportunity employer and through our recruitment process we welcome and encourage applications from interested and suitably qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, membership of the traveller community, religion or beliefs, family or civil status, sexual orientation/gender identity or disability.
Ervia is an equal opportunities employer