SCADA Support Analyst
Ervia is a commercial semi-state company which provides strategic national gas and water infrastructure and services in Ireland. Through our regulated business, Gas Networks Ireland, we build and operate one of the most modern and safe gas networks in the world. In 2014, we took responsibility for the operation and maintenance of Ireland's water and wastewater assets through our other regulated business Irish Water. Ervia directly employs over 1,600 people who deliver services to 1.6 million customers daily. We are guardians of the national assets and experts in our field. Our infrastructure supports economic and social development, protects the environment and enhances the health and quality of life of the Irish people.
The IT team within Gas Networks Ireland is an embedded and integral part of the business providing operational, strategic and customer focused IT services, which include Architecture & Service, Business Applications, and Technical Operations capability.
Reporting to the Senior OT/SCADA Analyst, the SCADA Support Analyst will support the design, implementation, delivery and long term success of SCADA system projects. They will work collaboratively with various teams within Gas Networks to deliver complex Engineering and SCADA solutions successfully and on schedule
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain the HMI/SCADA point and graphic database configurations.
- Proactively support the operation, maintenance and development of the GNI SCADA backend systems to provide high-level support to SCADA users including Grid\Gas Control and Field Operational personnel.
- Critically evaluate business requirements gathered from multiple sources and identify underlying business needs.
- Work in conjunction with Field Operational personnel to carry out end to end site acceptance testing.
- Ensure the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools are applied throughout the engineering life cycle.
- Prepare and revise relevant procedures, documentation and reports as necessary.
- Provide flexibility as required to address operational needs as they arise across the network.
- Participate in the on-call rota.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Relevant 3rd level Qualification or recognised equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role would be advantageous.
- Experience with SCADA and other Engineering systems is essential.
- Relevant experience in the gas industry is desirable.
- Relevant experience in VB and SQL scripting is desirable.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner.
- Have excellent analytical skills and be able to identify and analyse problems and potential improvements, and propose and implement solutions.
- Ability to set up ongoing procedures to collect and review information as needed.
- You will be a strong team player and have a demonstrated ability to bring teams together.
- You will be a natural collaborator seeking out opportunities to share knowledge and improve results.
- You will have a clear communication style and will be able to influence others effectively.
- You are comfortable with change and have a demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for improvements and efficiency.
- You have demonstrated a commitment to developing new skills in yourself and others.
- You are results focused and have a track record of getting results through others.
- You are comfortable with making and taking appropriate decisions.
- You are committed to providing excellent customer service and have a track record of delivering excellence through others.
How to apply
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is the 21st January 2019
Applications, including a current Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please include the Reference Number for this Role when making an application*
Ervia is an equal opportunities employer