Service Management Lead
Gas Networks Ireland operates and maintains Ireland’s €2.7bn, 14,664km national gas network, which is considered one of the safest and most modern renewables-ready gas networks in the world.
Over 720,000 Irish homes and businesses trust Ireland’s gas network to provide efficient and reliable energy to meet their heating, cooking, manufacturing and transport needs.
The gas network is the cornerstone of Ireland’s energy system, securely supplying more than 30% of Ireland’s total energy, including 40% of all heating and almost 50% of the country’s electricity generation.
By working to replace natural gas with renewable gases, such as biomethane and green hydrogen, and complementing intermittent renewable electricity, Gas Networks Ireland is supporting Ireland’s journey to a cleaner energy future.
The IT team within Gas Networks Ireland is an integral part of the business providing operational, and customer-focused IT services. These services include solution delivery, service management, and infrastructure & operations management. These services are provided through a combination of in-house resources and external service providers.
Reporting to the IT Service Manager, this Service Management Lead role is responsible for providing quality IT co-ordinated support for Microsoft Applications (i.e. InTune, Office, Exchange, Teams etc.) particularly with regards to ensuring the best possible experience for users across Citrix, Laptops, phones and tablets. In addition, ensuring all of these devices are patched to ensure protection from cyberattack. The Service Management Lead role will also be responsible for ensuring the delivery of non-Microsoft business requests (i.e. new office hardware (monitors, Wyse etc.), new productivity software (Adobe, AutoCAD etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading the delivery of front line support services in relation to Microsoft tools, striving to resolve issues in an efficient and customer-focused manner through a mix of internal resources and third parties.
- Provide effective team leadership to a motivated group of analyst resources and develop them into a high-performance team delivering Microsoft tool support and office related tasks with a strong customer service focus.
- Create and keep the Microsoft Roadmap up to date, including introduction of new devices, operating systems, new applications etc.
- Leading Software Asset Management activities for Microsoft and other vendor licenses
- Work closely with the CMDB deployment team as they develop and rollout the GNI solution
- Review Service Levels on a periodic basis, measuring performance and recommending service improvement actions through agreed Continuous Improvement initiatives - meets and/or exceeds service level agreement (SLA) and customer satisfaction goals
- Work closely with the IT Project Delivery team to ensure the process for Service Transition (ST) is embedded in the project management methodology and collaborate closely to ensure ST requirements are being met at each stage gate of project delivery
- Ensure appropriate KT, training, and upskilling of the Service Management team, and relevant third parties are completed in advance of Service Transition to live (including any new or amended third party support arrangements)
- Acting as the interface between IT groups, the GNI user community and 3rd party IT service providers
- Governance, management and reporting of the GNI Microsoft ecosystem, including it is managed in a controlled, prioritized, and well communicated fashion
- Working with GNI Architecture and the Business Champions Network to identify new mobility demand and manage the funnel of change requests.
- Manage the support of field based workers with any queries on the operation of their FFM capabilities across a variety of device types and operating systems.
- Managing the software patching process for laptops, desktops, tablets and phones.
- Escalating issues to senior management and others as needed
- Ensuring IT Service Continuity and provide input to IT Contingency plans
- Flexibility for out of hours work
- Perform other duties as required from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar Microsoft Office / InTune support role important
- Microsoft M365/InTune certification would be beneficial to the role
- CMDB experience would be beneficial to the role.
- Microsoft and other vendor Software License Management skills and experience would be beneficial to the role.
- Strong and relevant experience in a Service Management context (minimum 3 years), formal certification would be an advantage (for example ITIL) as would knowledge and experience of service management disciplines, processes, concepts and best practices would be beneficial to the role.
- Experience in leading teams, through coaching and development
- Proven ability to create and develop good working relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals, coupled with the ability to gain commitment from others
- Ability to set up on-going procedures to collect and review information as needed
- Proactively identifying new areas of learning and using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job
- Experience with identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas and implementing solutions
- Experience dealing with Third Party suppliers would be an advantage
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, coupled with the ability to generate innovative technical solutions as required
- A good understanding of business operations and the commercial viability and impact of technical / professional decisions on the performance of the organisation
- Proven track record with dealing with complex issues, proactively and in a timely fashion, along with the ability to communicate complex information to others
Applications, including current Curriculum Vitae, should be emailed to the following address stating the job title and reference number in the subject line of your email: email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is the 5th of December 2023.
Please note that applications submitted after this closing date will not be accepted.
Gas Networks Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive place of work and have a robust strategy and framework called ibelong to enable this. We are an equal opportunity employer and through our recruitment process we welcome and encourage applications from interested and suitably qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, membership of the traveller community, religion or beliefs, family or civil status, sexual orientation/gender identity or disability.