Ervia is a commercial semi-state company which provides strategic national gas and water infrastructure and services in Ireland. Through our regulated business, Gas Networks Ireland, we build and operate one of the most modern and safe gas networks in the world. In 2014, we took responsibility for the operation and maintenance of Ireland's water and wastewater assets through our other regulated business Irish Water. Ervia directly employs over 1,600 people who deliver services to 1.6 million customers daily. We are guardians of the national assets and experts in our field. Our infrastructure supports economic and social development, protects the environment and enhances the health and quality of life of the Irish people.
The Asset Operations function within Gas Networks Ireland is responsible for enabling efficient and customer focused work delivery by providing shared work management services across functions, delivering optimised levels of performance in workflow coordination, scheduling and dispatch, customer interfaces, clerical and mapping support.
The Logistics Team within Asset Operations is responsible for ensuring that all jobs and projects have the necessary materials to proceed with execution. Reporting to the Stores Manager, the role of Stores Operative involves the day to day operation of the Networks Stores – Cork and the co-ordination of all store’s activities in a safe and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee receipt of all goods into the stores, ensuring all accompanying paperwork is appropriate and goods are correctly put away
- Record all stock transactions onto the Maximo Inventory system
- Pick and issue project materials in conjunction with the Project team for specific Pipeline and AGI Projects in accordance with requirements
- Pick and issue materials/spares in conjunction with Operations requirements for day to day service of AGI’s
- Perform daily cycle counts on stock
- Day to day upkeep of the stores
- Ensure appropriate controls are applied to all meter stocks and returns
- Liaise with various GNI departments, vendors, contractors and delivery drivers to ensure the stores function operates in an efficient manner
- Efficiently administer all stores documentation
- Work in accordance with GNI procedures, relevant ISO and Health and Safety standards and practices
- Be available for stores on-call rota when required
- Other duties that may be assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Expertise:
- Full clean driving and forklift licence
- A good understanding of GNI business operations would be an advantage
- Ability to use Maximo Inventory & Oracle EBS would be an advantage
- Ability to work with others to ensure success in the performance of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven effective time management skills with the ability to prioritise and remain focused
- Flexible with regards working in a changing environment and the ability to adjust to new work structures, processes, and requirements as necessary
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is 14th June 2021
Applications, including a current Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please include the Reference Number for this Role when making an application*
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive place of work and have a robust strategy and framework called ibelong to enable this. We are an equal opportunity employer and through our recruitment process we welcome and encourage applications from interested and suitably qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, membership of the traveller community, religion or beliefs, family or civil status, sexual orientation/gender identity or disability.