Asset Engineer Metering, Electrical & C&I
Ervia is a commercial semi-state company which provides strategic national gas and water infrastructure and services in Ireland. Through our regulated business, Gas Networks Ireland, we build and operate one of the most modern and safe gas networks in the world. In 2014, we took responsibility for the operation and maintenance of Ireland's water and wastewater assets through our other regulated business Irish Water. Ervia directly employs over 1,600 people who deliver services to 1.6 million customers daily. We are guardians of the national assets and experts in our field. Our infrastructure supports economic and social development, protects the environment and enhances the health and quality of life of the Irish people.
The Asset Strategy team area within Asset Management is responsible for the strategic development of both the Transmission and Distribution gas network. Asset Strategy is responsible for identifying and defining the policies and strategies related to the serviceability and performance of the Network.
Reporting to the Senior Asset Engineer C & I, Metering & Gas Quality, the Asset Engineer will assist in developing asset strategies, policies and standards to meet the safety, regulatory and business requirements while maximizing and sustaining the value of the asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the formulating of Asset Management System ISO 55000 documentation such as Asset Policy, Asset Group Strategies, Functional Specification Requirements and Asset Management Improvement Plans (related to Transmission and Distribution C&I / Metering & Gas Quality Assets).
- Contribute to the progression of PC4/5 Capital Projects through the IAC process to deliver an optimized return on investment and/or growth to the asset base and support the initiation of projects and project approval submissions to meet Capex & Opex programs.
- Assist in driving continued development and evolution of Asset Management practices and improvement philosophy through participation in key strategic initiatives such as the Asset Efficiency and Performance Teams (AEPTs) including liaising with the HSQE in relation to the risk assessments / GNI Safety Case.
- Contribute to C & I project closeout through Gate 5 paper preparation & submission.
- Input to the development of the PC4/5 initiatives register taking in to account whole life costing and required safety and operational performance requirements including input to the forecasting of asset condition, performance, and residual life over long term (25yr+)
- Involvement with cross functional forums to drive process improvements and optimizing the use of core GNI systems such as Maximo and SCADA.
- Utilisation of the Risk Management System (Pentana) ensuring alignment with Investment Plans and assisting in the resolution of safety issues in conjunction with the HSQE department.
- Participant in Conceptual and Detailed Design Reviews enabling the delivery of technical solutions in conjunction with the alignment of designs to Asset Policies.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with key stakeholders (internal / external), equipment vendors and regulatory authorities.
- Support and assessment of competitive tendering, and selection process for new Meters / Metering Systems and Gas Quality Services in line with the Measuring Instruments Directive, EU metering
- Liaising with other internal Networks departments to progress meter / gas quality asset related customer and shipper queries and disputes.
- Preparing department and management reports and presentations.
- Other duties including support for other Senior Asset Engineer may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proven technical competence is essential – Engineering Degree or other relevant qualification with 3 to 5 years’ experience.
- Previous experience in Instrumentation/Electrical/Electronic/Telecom environment desirable
- Ability to co-ordinate all aspects of asset data.
- Highly numerate, strong analytical and problem solving skills, good attention to detail
- You will be a strong team player and have a demonstrated ability to bring teams together.
- You will be a natural collaborator seeking out opportunities to share knowledge and improve results.
- You will have a clear communication style and will be able to influence others effectively.
- You are results focused and have a track record of getting results through others.
- You are comfortable with making and taking appropriate decisions
- You are committed to providing excellent customer service and have a track record of delivering excellence through others.
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is the 21st December 2018
Applications, including a current Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to: email@example.com
*Please include the Reference Number for this Role when making an application*