Business Applications Analyst
Ervia is a commercial semi-state company which provides strategic national gas and water infrastructure and services in Ireland. Through our regulated business, Gas Networks Ireland, we build and operate one of the most modern and safe gas networks in the world. In 2014, we took responsibility for the operation and maintenance of Ireland's water and wastewater assets through our other regulated business Irish Water. Ervia directly employs over 1,600 people who deliver services to 1.6 million customers daily. We are guardians of the national assets and experts in our field. Our infrastructure supports economic and social development, protects the environment and enhances the health and quality of life of the Irish people.
The IT team within Gas Networks Ireland is an embedded and integral part of the business providing operational, strategic and customer focused IT services, which include Architecture & Service, PMO, Business Applications and Technical Operations capability. The Business Application Analyst role will report to the Business Applications Manager with day to day direction from a Business Application Lead and will ensure the direct delivery of business changes to gas specific IT applications and/or oversee the delivery of business changes to shared Gas IT applications by the Shared Services IT team and supporting partners.
The role requires strong experience of maintaining and enhancing enterprise class applications. The main systems falling under the remit of the Business Application Analyst roles include gas specific solutions such as GTMS, GasMap, and IUS and shared solutions such as IBM Maximo (Asset & Work Management), Click Work Scheduling, SAP Mobile (Field Work), Oracle Financials, Microsoft SharePoint, Smallworld & ESRI GIS, Core HR, and Oracle Business Objects (BI).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support business stakeholders in translating their business requirements into functional requirements, ensuring that business requirements are understood, documented and agreed.
- Support and operate a formal change management process with respect to application changes.
- Assist with the delivery of business changes to business applications including the analysis, design, development, testing and transition of changes to applications in a live environment, as required.
- Build up a deep understanding of key business and market processes.
- Provide functional support for business applications and, where required, assist with the support of the ongoing successful day to day operation of business applications and the resolution of critical or high priority incidents.
- Participate in IT project teams as necessary with close engagement with the PMO and liaison with external resources/service providers as required.
- In collaboration with other IT teams and key business stakeholders, support the agreement, compilation and maintenance of an application work programme.
- In collaboration with other IT teams and key business stakeholders, support the planning, scheduling and delivery of the application work programme including, where necessary or appropriate, supporting user acceptance testing, user training and business readiness.
- Support the ongoing high level management, governance and care of business applications with respect to, for example, issues like contract management and compliance, licence management and compliance, user management and reviews.
- Support the ongoing management of relationships with business application related vendors.
- Provide out-of-hours cover as part of a standby rota if required.
- Any other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A third level degree or equivalent qualification is required. IT qualification would be a distinct advantage
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in a similar or comparable role is required.
- An ability to analyse and understand complex functionality and complex processes is required.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and analyse problems and to identify potential improvements and solutions is required.
- Knowledge and/or experience of ROI, NI and UK gas market processes would be an advantage but is not essential.
- You will be a strong team player and have a demonstrated ability to bring teams together.
- You will be a natural collaborator seeking out opportunities to share knowledge and improve results.
- You will have a clear communication style and will be able to influence others effectively.
- You are comfortable with change and have a demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for improvements and efficiency
- You have demonstrated a commitment to developing new skills in yourself and others.
- You are results focused and have a track record of getting results through others.
- You are comfortable with making and taking appropriate decisions.
- You are committed to providing excellent customer service and have a track record of delivering excellence through others.
How to apply
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is 21st January 2019
Applications, including a current Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please include the Reference Number for this Role when making an application*
Ervia is an equal opportunities employer