Ervia is a commercial semi-state company which provides strategic national gas and water infrastructure and services in Ireland. Through our regulated business, Gas Networks Ireland, we build and operate one of the most modern and safe gas networks in the world. In 2014, we took responsibility for the operation and maintenance of Ireland's water and wastewater assets through our other regulated business Irish Water. Ervia directly employs over 1,600 people who deliver services to 1.6 million customers daily. We are guardians of the national assets and experts in our field. Our infrastructure supports economic and social development, protects the environment and enhances the health and quality of life of the Irish people.
The Commercial function within Gas Networks Ireland is responsible for developing and implementing the commercial strategies of the Gas Networks and Aurora Telecom businesses to ensure sustainable growth into the future. The commercial team is focused on increasing demand by maximising the potential of the existing networks while seeking opportunities to expand and diversify into new areas through research and innovation. Applications are now invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Corporate Responsibility Manager.
Reporting to the Corporate Affairs Manager, the Corporate Responsibility Manager will lead further development, innovation, measurement, reporting and communication of the company’s Corporate Responsibility activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement the agreed Corporate Responsibility strategy and programmes.
- Ensure maintenance of Business Working Responsibly Mark accreditation.
- Devise plans and policies to achieve effective Corporate Responsibility programmes across the organisation.
- Develop formal measurement, KPIs, benchmarking and reporting structures.
- Ensure KPIs for each Corporate Responsibility pillar are delivered on an annual basis.
- Work with cross-functional groups as required to achieve Corporate Responsibility objectives.
- Manage the company’s community programmes, including educational projects, relevant sponsorships etc.
- Recruit, train and manage volunteers across all Programmes.
- Develop and manage internal and external communication plans for Corporate Responsibility activities.
- Represent Gas Networks Ireland at relevant events and manage relations with relevant external bodies including BITCI, Government agencies, local authorities, consumer, community and representative groups.
- Organise Corporate Responsibility events as required, for example launch of partnerships, hosting of students, Business in the Community meetings, volunteer days etc.
- Participate in various internal fora including Environmental Working Group, Internal Communications Group, Employee Forum, and project working groups etc.
- Act as an Access Officer for Gas Networks Ireland
- Constantly develop knowledge in the area to stay abreast of best practice, innovations etc.
- Support the Corporate Affairs team in the management of ad hoc projects as required.
- Manage budgets as allocated.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Relevant third level qualification (Business, Communications or Sustainability).
- At least 5 years’ experience in a role that involves communications / stakeholder engagement.
- Experience in a Corporate Responsibility role desirable.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- A strong interest in and a good understanding of CR principles and ethos
- You will be a strong team player and have a demonstrated ability to bring teams together.
- You will be a natural collaborator seeking out opportunities to share knowledge and improve results.
- You will have a clear communication style and will be able to influence others effectively.
- You are comfortable with change and have a demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for improvements and efficiency
- You have demonstrated a commitment to developing new skills in yourself and others.
- You are results focused and have a track record of getting results through others.
- You are comfortable with making and taking appropriate decisions
- You are committed to providing excellent customer service and have a track record of delivering excellence through others.
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is the 17th July 2018.
Applications, including a current Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to: email@example.com
*Please include the Reference Number for this Role when making an application*