Design Engineer CNG
Ervia is a commercial semi-state company which provides strategic national gas and water infrastructure and services in Ireland. Through our regulated business, Gas Networks Ireland, we build and operate one of the most modern and safe gas networks in the world. In 2014, we took responsibility for the operation and maintenance of Ireland's water and wastewater assets through our other regulated business Irish Water. Ervia directly employs over 1,600 people who deliver services to 1.6 million customers daily. We are guardians of the national assets and experts in our field. Our infrastructure supports economic and social development, protects the environment and enhances the health and quality of life of the Irish people.
The Asset Management function within Gas Networks Ireland is responsible for optimising the return from the asset portfolio. Asset Management identify, plan and develop investment programmes while achieving an optimal balance between customer requirements, asset efficiency and risk. Asset Management considers the financial and regulatory effects of the proposed investment strategies.
The Design Team within Asset Management is responsible for producing conceptual and detailed designs and drawings, estimating the cost work, securing work prerequisites including materials requirements, and applying standardised design templates where appropriate. Reporting to the Senior Design Engineer CNG, the Design Engineer CNG will have responsibility for the detailed design of Capex and Opex projects. The Design Engineer CNG will provide high quality design solutions to the Networks Business, and the successful candidate will have: the ability to effectively diagnose technical issues, knowledge of process design and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design of natural gas infrastructure projects – preliminary design to construction issue – compressor stations, Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) and biomethane facilities.
- Materials specification and preparation of material tender documentation, technical assessment of returned tenders.
- Ensure all designs in compliance with GNI procedures, ISO 9001 Quality Procedures, relevant legislation and Health & Safety and Environmental practices.
- Co-ordinate specialist technical consultants and third party resources as part of the design process.
- Liaise with customers, statutory bodies and equipment suppliers.
- Ensure all design documentation is fully and accurately completed and develop appropriate procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory controls.
- Participate in an Operational On-Call Rota if required.
- Travel to UK and Europe to visit GNI facilities and suppliers as necessary.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Relevant degree in Engineering (Level 8) or recognised equivalent with a minimum of 3 - 5 years engineering experience
- Technical proficiency in Mechanical or Process engineering design and equipment specification required.
- Knowledge of relevant Gas Standards, Codes of Practice and Statutory Requirements would be desirable.
- Knowledge of compressors, gas turbines and control systems would be desirable.
- You will be a strong team player and have a demonstrated ability to bring teams together.
- You will be a natural collaborator seeking out opportunities to share knowledge and improve results.
- You will have a clear communication style and will be able to influence others effectively.
- You are comfortable with change and have a demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for improvements and efficiency
- You have demonstrated a commitment to developing new skills in yourself and others.
How to apply
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is the 24th October 2018
Applications, including a current Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to: email@example.com
*Please include the Reference Number for this Role when making an application*
Ervia is an equal opportunities employer