Ervia is a commercial semi-state company which provides strategic national gas and water infrastructure and services in Ireland. Through our regulated business, Gas Networks Ireland, we build and operate one of the most modern and safe gas networks in the world. In 2014, we took responsibility for the operation and maintenance of Ireland's water and wastewater assets through our other regulated business Irish Water. Ervia directly employs over 1,600 people who deliver services to 1.6 million customers daily. We are guardians of the national assets and experts in our field. Our infrastructure supports economic and social development, protects the environment and enhances the health and quality of life of the Irish people.
The Commercial function within Gas Networks Ireland is responsible for developing and implementing the commercial strategies of the Gas Networks and Aurora Telecom businesses to ensure sustainable growth into the future. The commercial team is focused on increasing demand by maximising the potential of the existing networks while seeking opportunities to expand and diversify into new areas through research and innovation. Applications are now invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Digital Manager.
Reporting to the Corporate Affairs Manager, the Digital Manager has responsibility for the implementation of the Digital strategy to support the company’s overall growth strategy as well as supporting other departmental projects. The Digital Manager will lead the delivery of complex digital projects including integration with existing IT systems from initiation through to steady state operations.
The role requires strong project management skills and deep digital knowledge, with the successful candidate demonstrating a proven track record of website development, integration and digital projects. The Digital Manager will drive GNI’s digital transformation through all customer facing channels.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and manage the company’s digital strategy and ensure that the digital strategy is successfully embedded across the organisation and that digital platforms are successfully utilised across the company;
- Manage the corporate website with a focus on generating online sales and improving customer experience as well as ensuring other business, regulatory, legal and accessibility requirements are addressed;
- Lead and manage an in-house digital team responsible for the website management, digital content development, the CRM, and social media – in essence supporting all business units with their digital requirements;
- Develop, manage and execute the digital incident management plan to provide support both during and out-of-office hours when gas related incidents occur;
- A deep commercial knowledge of the digital sales operation from promotion and marketing through to sales and operational logistics (delivery & cross channel) to drive sales is essential.
- Drive the implementation and adoption of key digital marketing tools (e.g. Analytics) to continuously improve results and work with the marketing team and marketing agencies to develop the most effect digital approach as part of an integrated communications plan;
- Manage the relationship with the web development and hosting company and other relevant agencies as required. Work closely with and manage cross-functional teams of UX / creative designers, web developers, technical architects, Business Analysts, IT application development teams, internal marketing and customer care teams and other internal/external stakeholders;
- Manage social media strategy, policies, procedures, governance, growth, engagement and channel development. This includes managing social media content plan and sourcing relevant content to improve customer engagement across our social channels;
- Responsible for the effective spend of website, CRM and social media budgets as well as managing contracts with vendors;
- Report digital results into the business on a monthly basis;
- Analyse and optimise of the conversion effectiveness of Digital platforms;
- Other duties as required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Relevant third level degree preferred with 8+ years project management in digital transformation or digital strategy implementation, ideally across the full digital spectrum of website development and support, digital marketing and social media;
- Digital Industry qualifications desirable;
- People management experience is essential;
- Experience in the delivery of web, mobile and e-commerce projects based on leading content management systems (e.g. Drupal, Episerver, Roxen, etc.) desirable;
- Technical knowledge of web development, CRM systems and integration with corporate systems desirable;
- Experience of working across the full Digital spectrum in a retail or consumer environment is essential as is a strong background in creating demand using Digital platforms and techniques including display advertising, search engine marketing, social media marketing and content marketing;
- Ability to ensure the successful execution of projects by aligning cost, service and product selection to business needs and expectations;
- Extensive experience in building and maintaining relationships (both internal and external) with excellent influencing and negotiation skills;
- Proven track record in leading teams, through coaching and development while empowering staff through delegation of decision making and accountability;
- Experience of facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace
- Strong commercial focus while keeping overall financial perspective;
- Ability to translate strategic priorities into operational reality, demonstrating strong decision making skills;
- Driver of high standards for individual, team and organisational accomplishment and delivering desired results.
How to apply
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is the 4th January 2019
Applications, including a current Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please include the Reference Number for this Role when making an application*
Ervia is an equal opportunities employer