Ervia is a commercial semi-state company which provides strategic national gas and water infrastructure and services in Ireland. Through our regulated business, Gas Networks Ireland, we build and operate one of the most modern and safe gas networks in the world. In 2014, we took responsibility for the operation and maintenance of Ireland's water and wastewater assets through our other regulated business Irish Water. Ervia directly employs over 1,600 people who deliver services to 1.6 million customers daily. We are guardians of the national assets and experts in our field. Our infrastructure supports economic and social development, protects the environment and enhances the health and quality of life of the Irish people.
The Field Operations team within Asset Operations is responsible for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the transmission and distribution networks. Reporting to the Senior Field Operations Engineer, the Field Operations Engineer is responsible for the delivery of planned, reactive and emergent operational activities on the transmission and distribution networks safely and efficiently.
The Asset Operations function within Gas Networks Ireland is responsible for the construction, operations and maintenance of the Transmission and Distribution networks, executing all field work safely and efficiently in line with all relevant legislation, standards, industry codes and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engaging with Asset Program Managers as required representing the Operations team in the development and prioritization of asset programs across the GNI Network.
- Responsible for the implementation of new technologies including CNG & Biogas, across field operations to promote a culture of continuous improvement with particular focus on delivering GNI’s Networks Transformation Program across field operations in the region.
- Coordinating the relationship between the Operations team and Asset Owners concerning pipelines and installations across the GNI Network.
- Interfacing with the Asset Integrity team on behalf of the Operations team highlighting and escalating issues/concerns as appropriate.
- Key interface with the Scheduling and Dispatch teams in relation to planned, reactive and emergent operations activities to ensure field operations are providing a safe, effective and efficient service.
- Responsible for driving the interface between the Operations Performance team and the Operations team.
- Coordinating operational activities in line with GNI Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Providing flexibility to work across regions as required to address operational needs.
- Driving performance in a team of Coordinators, Specialists, Support Staff and Technicians drawn from both GNI and Contractor resources.
- Participate in engineering fora i.e. Materials Review Forum, Civil Forum and in the continuous development and review of technical standards, policies and procedures
- Maintaining relationships across Service Delivery, Workflow Management, Asset Management, Regulation and Commercial and Heath Safety and Environmental.
- Responsible for the Operations teams interface into the Customer Team
- Supporting the Incident Management and Leak Repair function within Network Services as required.
- Generation of reports as required.
- Liaising with local authorities and other third parties as required.
- Leading the cross-skilling of operational resources between the transmission and distribution networks.
- Escalation point for field operations issues within the team.
- Raise risks and issues as appropriate
- Participate in the on call rota as required.
- Performing other duties as assigned from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven technical competence is essential– Engineering degree or other relevant qualification
- Desirable and a minimum three years relevant experience working with natural gas.
- Knowledge of relevant Gas Standards, Codes of Practice and Statutory Requirements
- You will be a strong team player and have a demonstrated ability to bring teams together.
- You will be a natural collaborator seeking out opportunities to share knowledge and improve results.
- You will have a clear communication style and will be able to influence others effectively.
- You are comfortable with change and have a demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for improvements and efficiency
- You have demonstrated a commitment to developing new skills in yourself and others.
- You are results focused and have a track record of getting results through others.
- You are comfortable with making and taking appropriate decisions
- You are committed to providing excellent customer service and have a track record of delivering excellence through others.
How to apply
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is the 16th August 2018
Applications, including a current Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please include the Reference Number for this Role when making an application*
Ervia is an equal opportunities employer