Ervia is a commercial semi-state company which provides strategic national gas and water infrastructure and services in Ireland. Through our regulated business, Gas Networks Ireland, we build and operate one of the most modern and safe gas networks in the world. In 2014, we took responsibility for the operation and maintenance of Ireland's water and wastewater assets through our other regulated business Irish Water. Ervia directly employs over 1,600 people who deliver services to 1.6 million customers daily. We are guardians of the national assets and experts in our field. Our infrastructure supports economic and social development, protects the environment and enhances the health and quality of life of the Irish people.
The Asset Operations function within Gas Networks Ireland is responsible for the construction, operations and maintenance of the Transmission and Distribution networks, executing all field work safely and efficiently in line with all relevant legislation, standards, industry codes and practices.
The Network Operations team within Asset Operations is responsible for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the transmission and distribution networks.
Applications are now invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Field Operations Technician.
Reporting to the Networks Coordinator or their delegate, the Field Operations Technician is responsible for the delivery of construction, commissioning, operational, maintenance and decommissioning activities on Natural Gas Pipeline, Pressure Control and Metering Assets on the transmission and distribution networks in a safe and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The delivery of works associated with planned, corrective and reactive operational activities on the transmission and distribution networks safely and efficiently.
- The delivery of works associated with capital projects, whether delivering the work, or facilitating the delivery of the works by an appointed third party contractor.
- To identify all operational issues/concerns that relate to the operation of the network to their line manager in a timely manner through the appropriate channels.
- Full participation in team drawn from both direct and contractor staff to include cross skilling with other functions where required.
- The full and appropriate use of Hand Held Technology and Mobile Work Management systems in the field as required.
- Compliance with all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements including the completion of Site Risk Assessments/Safe Systems of Work, Hazard Reporting etc. and participation in all new Safety/Environmental initiatives as required.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with documented GNI procedures, risk assessments and work instructions and where unsure to seek confirmation from their line manager.
- Inter-regional work flexibility where required.
- Participation in an out of hours on-call rota as required.
- Other duties that may be assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Applicants must be a time served craftsperson (Mechanical) have completed a basic trade cert / apprenticeship or have obtained junior / senior trade cert.
- Experience working with natural gas
- Applicants must hold a full clean driving license as some work is site based.
- Ability to work with others to ensure success in the performance of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey messages in a clear and sufficient manner
- Proven effective time management skills with the ability to prioritise and remain focused
- Flexible with regards working in a changing environment and the ability to adjust to new work structures, processes, and requirements as necessary
- Proactively identifying new areas of learning and using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job
- Striving for quality and ensuring consistent high standards of work
How to apply
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is 14 August 2018
Applications, including a current Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please include the Reference Number for this Role when making an application*
Ervia is an equal opportunities employer