Incident and Problem Analyst
The IT team within Gas Networks Ireland is an integral part of the organisation providing operational, and customer-focused IT services. These services include solution delivery, service management, and infrastructure & operations management. These services are provided through a combination of in-house resources and external service providers.
Reporting to the IT Service Manager, the Incident and Problem Analyst has responsibility for providing quality IT Support services to the GNI organization across the Incident Management and Problem Management Processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivering front line support services in relation to incidents and problems, striving to resolve issues in an efficient and customer-focused manner
- Acting as the interface between IT groups, the GNI user community and 3rd party IT service providers
- Supporting the incident and problem management processes, ensuring that all relevant stakeholders are aware of problems
- Reviewing and formally closing problems on successful resolution
- Logging, categorizing and prioritizing problems for remediation
- Striving to meet Service Levels
- Participating in the Priority One process
- Training the IT team resolver Groups on the incident process
- Performing regular reviews of the live environments to identify trends or underlying issues that may result in incident creation
- Engaging in Focus Groups to better understand specific End User support requirements
- Escalating issues to management and others as needed Ensuring IT Service Continuity and provide input to IT Contingency plans.
- Perform other duties as required from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Relevant Third Level degree and at least 3 years of relevant IT experience
- ITIL certification would be an advantage
- Experience in an Incident, Problem or Change Management role would be a distinct advantage
- Experience in the area of Application development and/or support desirable as is a working knowledge of Service Now and with Service Management tools
- Experience dealing with Third Party suppliers would be an advantage
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required.
- Ability to develop relationships to accomplish team goals coupled with dealing effectively with differences of opinion and conflict management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to create and develop good working relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals, coupled with the ability to gain commitment from others
- Experience with identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas and implementing solutions
- Have excellent analytical skills and be able to identify and analyse problems and potential improvements, and propose and implement solutions
- Ability to set up ongoing procedures to collect and review information as needed
- Proactively identifying new areas of learning and using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job
- Ability to set own high standards of performance and delivering desired results
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of industry-standard methodologies, tools and environments.
- An understanding of general business practices and processes.
- Ability to deal comfortably with non-technical users.
- ‘Can Do’ attitude, solution oriented team player, keen to learn and take on new knowledge and skills
- Experience dealing with external vendors and stakeholders.
Applications, including current Curriculum Vitae, should be emailed to the following address stating the job title and reference number in the subject line of your email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is the 9th December 2021. Please note that applications submitted after this closing date will not be accepted.
Gas Networks Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive place of work and have a robust strategy and framework called ibelong to enable this. We are an equal opportunity employer and through our recruitment process we welcome and encourage applications from interested and suitably qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, membership of the traveller community, religion or beliefs, family or civil status, sexual orientation/gender identity or disability.