Ervia is a commercial semi-state company which provides strategic national gas and water infrastructure and services in Ireland. Through our regulated business, Gas Networks Ireland, we build and operate one of the most modern and safe gas networks in the world. In 2014, we took responsibility for the operation and maintenance of Ireland's water and wastewater assets through our other regulated business Irish Water. Ervia directly employs over 1,600 people who deliver services to 1.6 million customers daily. We are guardians of the national assets and experts in our field. Our infrastructure supports economic and social development, protects the environment and enhances the health and quality of life of the Irish people.
The Asset Management function within Gas Networks Ireland is responsible for optimising the return from the asset portfolio. Asset Management identify, plan and develop investment programmes while achieving an optimal balance between customer requirements, asset efficiency and risk. Asset Management considers the financial and regulatory effects of the proposed investment strategies.
The Asset Programmes team within Asset Management is responsible for the management of all aspects of programmes from conception through to construction. Reporting to the Land Management Manager, the Land Management Strategy Lead will perform end to end management of the Land Management acquisition processes and will have responsibility and ownership of the systems, processes and procedures supporting the Land Management function.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategic review of the end to end Land Management acquisition processes, supporting systems, procedures and reports in the context of the changing nature of GNI’s capital programmes.
- Develop end to end process capabilities and prioritise opportunities to enhance, systemise and embed these process and procedure improvements in the Land Management department
- Drive and facilitate change in the department to embrace new processes and systems to assist the department in meeting the capital programme requirements.
- Create and implement a strategy for data and records management for the Land Management department working closely with IT in line with GNI’s Records Management Strategy.
- Build effective working relationships with Design, Programme Management, Business Services, Asset Operations and Construction in relation to capital programmes to improve the processes around Land Management.
- Commercial management of the Land Agency Contract. Managing workload for contractors through Maximo ensuring payments are made on time.
- Manage and monitor workload with legal consultants, to ensure good financial governance is in place.
- Responsibility of managing day-day activities of the Land Management Specialist and Land Management administrators.
- Develop reporting capabilities in the Land Management department to highlight the current status, budgets, risks, issues and schedules for all projects within the active project portfolio.
- Integrate risk management into the Land Management processes; ensure risks identified are mitigated in order to meet Land Management programme requirements, including analysis of the impact of project deferrals as necessary.
- Establish methods to trend and analyse issues over the lifecycle of a wayleave, so learning can influence and drive process improvements.
- Increase awareness within GNI of landowners to an appropriate level to reflect the care and maintenance required on GNI wayleaves to protect the GNI assets located within. Promote a consistent landowner engagement approach across the organisation.
- Integrate and optimise (internal and external) resources to deliver wayleave requirements for the capital programme and maintenance of existing wayleaves.
- Administer and process individual wayleave and site acquisitions. Deal with landowner queries and concerns in relation to every aspect of construction and Wayleave acquisition.
- Maintain an overview on landowner issues across GNI to ensure these are progressed in a consistent and streamlined manner.
- Optimise the process for liaising with statutory bodies and third parties (such as CRU, CIE, landowner agents, farming organisations, consultants, and contractors).
- Other duties as required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Relevant 3rd level qualification in IT/Business or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience, with at least 3 years’ experience leading teams/ Projects.
- Project management qualification desirable.
- Experience in managing information management systems and budget management are essential.
- Experience in the management of 3rd Party Service Providers.
- Proven ability to create, develop and maintain strategic working relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals, coupled with the ability to gain commitment from others.
- Demonstrate strong decision making, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas and implementing solutions.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to identify and analyse problems and potential improvements, and propose and implement solutions.
- Facilitate the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Proactively identifying new areas of learning and using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job.
- A good understanding of business operations and the commercial viability and impact of technical / professional decisions on the performance of the organisation.
- Driver of high standards for individual, team and organisational accomplishment and delivering desired results.
- Proven track record with dealing with complex issues, proactively and in a timely fashion, along with the ability to communicate complex information to others.
- Ability to set own high standards of performance and delivering desired results.
How to apply
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is the 14th August 2018
Applications, including a current Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to: email@example.com
*Please include the Reference Number for this Role when making an application*
Ervia is an equal opportunities employer