Gas Networks (GNI) Ireland is the business division of Ervia that owns, builds and maintains the natural gas network in Ireland and connects all customers to the gas network. Gas Networks Ireland is committed to growth, innovation and sustainability and continues to be a major employer in Ireland, providing a dynamic and modern place to work. Ervia is a commercial semi-state multi-utility company with responsibility for the delivery of gas and water infrastructure and services in Ireland. The organisation builds and operates one of the most modern and safe gas networks in the world, and through Irish Water, the national water utility, provides safe, clean and affordable water and waste water services in the Republic of Ireland.
Reporting to the Corporate Affairs Manager, the Marketing Manager will develop and drive the execution of all marketing strategies, natural gas promotional activity, brand development and major campaigns required to meet company objectives. The Marketing Manager will collaborate with teams across the business to implement these plans and ensure the required results are achieved.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategic planning in relation to marketing and advertising across various areas of the business including Safety, Growth, and Project Communications etc.
- Manage and coordinate all marketing, advertising and promotional activity across the business.
- Working with Ervia to manage all relevant communication contracts and framework agreements for the business ensuring compliance with internal processes. Manage/input into tenders as required. Appoint and manage key external agencies, including creative, media, and design and research agencies.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan to support the growth and advocacy strategy objectives each year.
- Generate new ideas and formulate differentiated market propositions that are tailored to different customer segments and sales channels.
- Conduct and evaluate targeted market research to deliver insights and direction for future marketing and advertising strategies.
- Work closely with the Digital Manager to maximise digital and social media opportunities. Review competitor propositions in the market, competitor intelligence and customer segmentation to inform future marketing strategy.
- Manage the Gas Networks Ireland brand and corporate identity.
- Define and implement targets and KPIs to measure success for marketing and advertising activities.
- Develop marketing collateral as required including brochures, merchandise, and exhibition stands etc.
- Manage marketing budget and other campaign budgets in conjunction with business units.
- Work with the PR manager to utilise PR opportunities to support the safety and growth programmes.
- Manage the Campaign co-ordinator and Marketing Executive roles to deliver communications requirements and work closely with the Marketing Strategist.
- Other duties may also be assigned from time and time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Marketing or relevant third level degree with 5-8 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Proven ability to create and develop good working relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals, coupled with the ability to gain commitment from others
- Experience with identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas and implementing solutions
- Have excellent analytical skills and be able to identify and analyse problems and potential improvements, and propose and implement solutions
- Ability to set up ongoing procedures to collect and review information as needed
- Proactively identifying new areas of learning and using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job
- Ability to set own high standards of performance and delivering desired results
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is the 11th April 2018.
Applications, including a current Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org