Ervia is a commercial semi-state company which provides strategic national gas and water infrastructure and services in Ireland. Through our regulated business, Gas Networks Ireland, we build and operate one of the most modern and safe gas networks in the world. In 2014, we took responsibility for the operation and maintenance of Ireland's water and wastewater assets through our other regulated business Irish Water. Ervia directly employs over 1,600 people who deliver services to 1.6 million customers daily. We are guardians of the national assets and experts in our field. Our infrastructure supports economic and social development, protects the environment and enhances the health and quality of life of the Irish people.
The Asset Management function within Gas Networks Ireland is responsible for optimising the return from the asset portfolio. Asset Management identify, plan and develop investment programmes while achieving an optimal balance between customer requirements, asset efficiency and risk. Asset Management considers the financial and regulatory effects of the proposed investment strategies.
Materials engineering within Asset Management Design is responsible for ensuring that all materials meet the necessary technical specifications and are subject to the appropriate inspection process before use in the network. The successful candidate will have: the ability to effectively diagnose technical requirements to develop material specifications, the ability to carry out material change impact and risk assessments, knowledge of process design, the ability to carry out material fault investigations and the ability to assist in new material development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a suite of sustainable material specifications for Transmission and Distribution materials that shall be used to procure materials associated with the installation, maintenance, repair and operations on existing / new gas pipelines, mains, services and installations.
- Supervise external service providers in the delivery of work items related to specifications development, material investigations and material risk assessments.
- Liaise with operations and design engineers and asset managers to convert design material requirements on the network and incorporate these requirements to provide suitable materials in a timely manner.
- Liaising with other departments to understand future expected duty on the network and considering how the materials available are best used to meet these requirements.
- Undertaking analysis, based on the asset performance and condition information available within the gas network to identify how material innovations in the marketplace can be best utilized.
- Support and deliver impact assessments of changes to standards and new standards related to the Engineering Requirements Document.
- Investigate material issues and develop appropriate technical solutions and mitigations.
- Communicating with the Materials Review Forum regarding proposed changes due to changes in design, standards and/or legislation.
- Reporting on existing & alternative materials, identifying new material suppliers and liaising with category business leads accordingly.
- Develop the GNI stock system to reflect current material requirements.
- Providing ongoing status reports and raising risks and issues as appropriate to the Network Materials Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Engineering or Materials third level qualification to Level 8 with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Proven ability to produce high quality reports.
- You will be a strong team player and have a demonstrated ability to bring teams together.
- You will be a natural collaborator seeking out opportunities to share knowledge and improve results.
- You will have a clear communication style and will be able to influence others effectively.
- You are comfortable with change and have a demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for improvements and efficiency.
- You have demonstrated a commitment to developing new skills in yourself and others.
- You are results focused and have a track record of getting results through others.
- You are comfortable with making and taking appropriate decisions.
- You are committed to providing excellent customer service and have a track record of delivering excellence through others.
How to apply
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is the 16th January 2019
Applications, including a current Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to: email@example.com
*Please include the Reference Number for this Role when making an application*
Ervia is an equal opportunities employer