Planning Engineer (x2)
Ervia is a commercial semi-state company which provides strategic national gas and water infrastructure and services in Ireland. Through our regulated business, Gas Networks Ireland, we build and operate one of the most modern and safe gas networks in the world. In 2014, we took responsibility for the operation and maintenance of Ireland's water and wastewater assets through our other regulated business Irish Water. Ervia directly employs over 1,700 people who deliver services to 1.7 million customers daily. We are guardians of the national assets and experts in our field. Our infrastructure supports economic and social development, protects the environment and enhances the health and quality of life of the Irish people.
The Asset Management function within Gas Networks Ireland is responsible for optimising the return from the asset portfolio. Asset Management identify, plan and develop investment programmes while achieving an optimal balance between customer requirements, asset efficiency and risk. Asset Management considers the financial and regulatory effects of the proposed investment strategies. The Asset Programmes area within Asset Management is responsible for the management of all aspects of programmes from conceptual design through to construction.
Reporting to the Asset Programme Lead, the Planning Engineer will assist in the end to end programme management and have oversight of construction delivery for various new build and upgrade projects related to the Network. The role is also responsible for coordinating various programmes and all stakeholders through the project planning, design and construction approval phases. The Planning Engineer will monitor variance from the programme plan and assess programme risks throughout the programme life cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing project plans and reporting on project status on a monthly basis through the GNI Project Reporting Portal, Business Objects, Maximo and MS Excel.
- Developing and maintaining project schedules utilising MS Project including tracking and reporting on progress against the agreed schedule.
- Ensuring project risks are identified and managed through the GNI Risk Management System (RMS).
- Developing, reviewing and collating key documentation as required to progress internal project budget approvals through the Investment Approval Committee (IAC).
- Developing procurement packages for Sites Investigations, Engineering Services and Construction Works.
- Liaising with external stakeholders such as Local Authorities, ESB, Eir, NPWS, TII, etc. Managing applications where assigned projects require Statutory Approvals.
- Communicating project status and upcoming milestones with key internal stakeholders in Asset Management, Asset Operations, HSQE and Business Services.
- Working with the Design Department to manage Engineering Service Providers supporting the design and planning phase of projects.
- Maintaining progress of a project throughout the stages from initiation to completion including risk management and overall programme delivery.
- Liaising with Business Services (Supply Chain) to ensure the necessary contracts are developed to deliver the planned projects.
- Managing project handoffs from Asset Management to Asset Operations prior to construction commencement.
- Assess budget or programme overruns and ensure lessons learned are documented and applied to future programmes.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven technical competence is essential – Engineering degree or other relevant qualification desirable with at least 5 years relevant experience.
- Extensive experience with MS Excel, MS Project, Maximo or other programming type applications.
- You will be a strong team player and have a demonstrated ability to bring teams together.
- You will be a natural collaborator seeking out opportunities to share knowledge and improve results.
- You will have a clear communication style and will be able to influence others effectively.
- You are comfortable with change and have a demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for improvements and efficiency.
- You have demonstrated a commitment to developing new skills in yourself and others.
- You are results focused and have a track record of getting results through others.
- You are comfortable with making and taking appropriate decisions.
- You are committed to providing excellent customer service and have a track record of delivering excellence through others.
How to apply
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is the 23rd January 2019
Applications, including a current Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please include the Reference Number for this Role when making an application*
Ervia is an equal opportunities employer