GNI286 - Safety Systems Engineer
GNI286 - Safety Systems Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Health and Safety Manager in the creation, development, implementation and communication of Gas Networks Ireland wide health and safety strategy, policy and procedures, incorporating legislative requirements, industry best practice and other requirements related to the GNI Integrated Management Systems.
- Provide support to management on Health and Safety policy and strategy and ensure monitoring and reporting on overall compliance to these standards by the rest of the GNI business including Bio-Gas, Hydrogen and CNG projects.
- Monitor the annual risk-based network health and safety audit and inspection strategy, covering all GNI, GNI (UK) Ltd and GNI (IOM) Ltd operational and construction activities and responsibilities.
- Support that statutory reporting of accidents, incidents and ill health is undertaken in accordance with current legislation and procedures in Ireland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Scotland.
- Escalate risks and issues to the Health and Safety Manager as appropriate.
- Support the delivery of the GNI Risk assessment program on an annual basis. Ensure all risks are managed and escalated where appropriate.
- Support GNI construction teams in safe delivery of CAPEX projects across the network, interface with contractor H&S teams to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Support Health and Safety requirements for the evaluation of GNI tendering processes.
- Support the implementation of contractual financial adjustments where required.
- Support GNI operations teams in safe delivery of OPEX programs across the network, interface with contractor H&S teams to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Work with HR, Asset Management, Construction and Asset Operations as appropriate.
- Support the DSE assessment program for GNI personnel.
- Support any initiatives that may come up from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Engineering Degree or other relevant 3rd level qualification
- A minimum of five years post-graduate experience in a professional engineering/safety environment
- Formal safety and/or environmental qualification (e.g. FETAC/IOSH H&S certificate, diploma, BSc).
- Detailed knowledge of legislation and ability to interpret and translate such information into business policy and procedures.
- Working knowledge of HSE management systems, aspects and controls.
- A persuasive influencer and negotiator.
- Self-confidence, discipline and a commercial approach to establish credibility at all levels in the business up to senior management level.
- Proven contributor in strategic development.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence key internal and external stakeholders and identify external issues which will impact business performance.
- Proven ability to act as an advocate for the development and implementation of change
- Experience in developing and maintaining effective strategic partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work proactively within a team.
Applications, including current Curriculum Vitae, should be emailed to the following address stating the job title and reference number in the subject line of your email: email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is the 01st December 2021
Please note that applications submitted after this closing date will not be accepted. Gas Networks Ireland is an equal opportunities employer We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive place of work and have a robust strategy and framework called ibelong to enable this. We are an equal opportunity employer and through our recruitment process we welcome and encourage applications from interested and suitably qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, membership of the traveller community, religion or beliefs, family or civil status, sexual orientation/gender identity or disability.