Ervia is a commercial semi-state company which provides strategic national gas and water infrastructure and services in Ireland. Through our regulated business, Gas Networks Ireland, we build and operate one of the most modern and safe gas networks in the world. In 2014, we took responsibility for the operation and maintenance of Ireland's water and wastewater assets through our other regulated business Irish Water. Ervia directly employs over 1,600 people who deliver services to 1.6 million customers daily. We are guardians of the national assets and experts in our field. Our infrastructure supports economic and social development, protects the environment and enhances the health and quality of life of the Irish people.
Gas Networks (GNI) Ireland is the business division of Ervia that owns, builds and maintains the natural gas network in Ireland and connects all customers to the gas network. Gas Networks Ireland is committed to growth, innovation and sustainability and continues to be a major employer in Ireland, providing a dynamic and modern place to work. Ervia is a commercial semi-state multi-utility company with responsibility for the delivery of gas and water infrastructure and services in Ireland. The organisation builds and operates one of the most modern and safe gas networks in the world, and through Irish Water, the national water utility, provides safe, clean and affordable water and waste water services in the Republic of Ireland.
The Commercial function within Gas Networks Ireland is responsible for developing and implementing the commercial strategies of the Gas Networks and Aurora Telecom businesses to ensure sustainable growth into the future. The commercial team is focused on increasing demand by maximising the potential of the existing networks while seeking opportunities to expand and diversify into new areas through research and innovation. Applications are now invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Website Specialist.
The Digital Team is currently leading a digital transformation at Gas Networks Ireland. It is achieving this transformation through the establishment of a digital centre-of-excellence which is rolling out new digital projects, optimising website content for online sales conversion, managing online content for various parts of the business, supporting digital marketing campaigns and leveraging analytics for insights. Digital is a key element of the customer growth strategy for Gas Networks Ireland.
Gas Networks Ireland is looking for an experienced Website Specialist to manage and optimise the Gas Networks Ireland website as well as its microsites. The successful candidate will drive improvements in website conversion as well as supporting other areas of the business with their online requirements.
This is a key role in the Digital Team and reports to the Digital Manager. The ideal candidate will work closely with Commercial, Corporate Affairs, IT and third parties (web development partner and advertising agencies) to implement the Gas Networks Ireland Digital Strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Website Management: Own, manage and develop the Gas Networks Ireland website and microsites in terms of content, projects, analytics, performance and support;
- Vendor Management: Own the relationship with the website development vendor for projects, campaigns and maintenance/support work;
- Digital Projects: Plan, manage and lead the digital project roadmap for the website and microsites by working closely with internal teams and the web development vendor in gathering, managing and delivering requirements to key milestones;
- Content Management: Ensure that the content on the website(s) is always kept up-to-date (website copy, imagery, video). Creative Cloud skills preferred (e.g. Photoshop/Premiere).
- Online Conversion Optimisation: Develop, design, prototype and implement online conversion programmes by optimising the user experience;
- Campaign Support: Work closely with various stakeholders to improve performance of online campaigns by supporting the technical readiness of landing pages;
- Analytics: Management and utilisation of the Gas Networks Ireland website analytics properties including Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics and Google Console;
- Reporting: Regularly report on website performance and conversion KPIs;
- Training: Train and share knowledge on best practices for digital content with the Digital team and other website content editors from around the business;
- Testing: Monitor the performance of the Gas Networks Ireland websites, test projects before ‘Go Live’ and optimise them through experimentation (e.g. A/B testing);
- Governance: Manage the governance and change management process for the Gas Networks Ireland website and engage those appropriate to ensure solutions considering these aspects;
- Social: Ability to update social media platforms when required.
- Other: Other duties as required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Relevant third level degree or equivalent (ecommerce, digital marketing, technology and/or computer applications preferred);
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing websites in terms of projects, content management, performance, analytics, support and vendor management;
- Strong project coordination and organisational skills in office environment;
- Adept at working closely with cross-functional teams of Technical Architects, Frontend/CMS developers, UX/Creative designers, QA and other internal staff;
- Ability to interpret user requirements and communicate these clearly and succinctly;
- Ability to work to deadlines, both independently and as a team player;
- Good understanding of digital marketing channels a plus (PPC, SEO, affiliates, Display, and Social).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Gas Networks Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is the 27th May 2019
Applications, including a current Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to: email@example.com
*Please include the Reference Number for this Role when making an application*
Ervia is an equal opportunities employer