Gas safety in the home
If you smell gas contact Gas Networks Ireland immediately. Don't assume somebody else has reported the smell.
We have been made aware of connectivity issues to 1850 numbers.
If you smell gas call: 01 920 5050
For Customer Care call: 066 979 9803
If you smell gas call Gas Networks Ireland 24 hour emergency line immediately on 1850 20 50 50
What to do if you smell gas
- Call Gas Networks Ireland - If you can’t get through, dial 999.
- Ensure gas appliances are turned off and have not been left on and/or unlit
- Don’t use a phone in the immediate area of the leak, use a neighbour’s or call from outside
- Open windows and doors
- If the smell persists turn off the gas at the meter
- Don’t smoke or use naked flame
- Don’t unplug or switch anything electrical on or off