Registered Gas Installer (RGI) for business
It is a legal requirement that any work carried out on domestic-sized gas appliances used in a commercial setting must only be carried out by a Registered Gas Installer.
What is a Registered Gas Installer?
A Registered Gas Installer is an installer or service engineer who has completed the required gas installation safety training and who has the necessary insurance to carry out gas installations to the legal standard.
Why use a Registered Gas Installer?
- In your business safety comes first. So if you're having a domestic-sized natural gas appliance installed, serviced or repaired always use a Registered Gas Installer (RGI).
- By law, only a Registered Gas Installer is permitted to work on domestic-sized natural gas installations.
- A Registered Gas Installer is fully insured and trained in gas safety and will provide you with a conformance certificate once the work is carried out, giving you peace of mind that your installation is safe.
- You should have your boiler and other natural gas appliances serviced by a Registered Gas Installer once a year.
- To find a Registered Gas Installer in your area, call 1850 454 454 or visit the Register of Gas Installers of Ireland website.
Declaration of Conformance
If you have a domestic sized gas appliance, Insist that your builder / developer / installer provides you with a copy of the 'Declaration of Conformance' for your gas installation. A copy can be purchased on the NSAI website which confirms that your installation complies with the necessary standard. You should keep this document in a safe place.
Industrial/ commercial sized appliances
Industrial/ commercial sized appliances/ equipment should be installed, serviced and repaired by a competent service agent for that equipment.