Responsible for the development and operation of the rules governing gas transportation in Ireland.
The Wholesale Market Team is responsible for the development and operation of the rules governing Gas Transportation in Ireland.
Wholesale Market areas of responsibility include:
- The Code of Operations – implementing changes required by Irish market participants as well as EU and National legislative requirements.
- The Code Modification Forum (the wholesale industry forum comprising Shippers, Producers, the CRU and other parties).
- Management of procurement frameworks for Balancing and Shrinkage gas.
- Gas Networks Ireland’s Data Transparency Portal (which provides near real time data on physical and commercial flows in our network).
- Advocating for Shippers across industry fora as well as internally within Gas Networks Ireland.