Prepayment metering allows customers to purchase their credit at vending outlets.
Prepay metering solution
Gas customers that have a prepayment meter installed at their premises can purchase credit at vending outlets and in turn applies this credit to their meters. The shipper receives payment for the gas once the vend transaction has processed. The prepayment metering solution consists of the following main components:
- The Prepayment Metering Front Office Provider (PPMSP-FO)
- The Prepayment Metering Back Office Provider (PPMSP-BO)
- The Prepayment Meter
The PPMSP-FO is responsible for:
- Collecting transaction details and sending them to the PPMSP-BO
- Receiving End User Specific Instructions (EUSIs) and regional data and making them available for collection by customers
- Managing the terminal outlet network
- Disbursing the funds to the shippers and the suspense account as directed by the PPMSP-BO
The PPMSP-BO is responsible for:
- Matching shippers to transactions and sending detailed transaction files to shippers and Gas Networks Ireland
- Directing the PPMSP-FO in disbursing funds to shippers and suspense account
- Implementing shipper and transporter instruction by means of EUSIs and regional data updates
- Transmission of meter reads and diagnostic information to the transporter.
- Identifying transactions to be released from suspense based on latest information and informing the PPMSP-FO
Market process definitions
The functioning of the Prepayment Metering System is described in a number of Market Process Documents.
Supplier User Guide – Prepayment Metering
Guide available to shippers in relation to the workings of the prepayment functionality for the market is outlined in the following link.