Pay As You Go Metering
Pay as You Go Metering allows customers to purchase their credit at vending outlets.
Pay As You Go Metering Solution
Gas customers that have a Pay as You Go meter installed at their premises can purchase credit at vending outlets and in turn applies this credit to their meters. The shipper receives payment for the gas once the vend transaction has processed. The Pay as You Go metering solution consists of the following main components:
- The Pay as You Go Metering Front Office Provider (PAYGSP-FO)
- The Pay as You Go Metering Back Office Provider (PAYGSP-BO)
- The Pay as You Go Meter
The PAYGSP-FO is responsible for:
- Collecting transaction details and sending them to the PAYGSP-BO
- Receiving End User Specific Instructions (EUSIs) and regional data and making them available for collection by customers
- Managing the terminal outlet network
- Disbursing the funds to the shippers and the suspense account as directed by the PAYGSP-BO
The PAYGSP-BO is responsible for:
- Matching shippers to transactions and sending detailed transaction files to shippers and Gas Networks Ireland
- Directing the PAYGSP-FO in disbursing funds to shippers and suspense account
- Implementing shipper and transporter instruction by means of EUSIs and regional data updates
- Transmission of meter reads and diagnostic information to the transporter.
- Identifying transactions to be released from suspense based on latest information and informing the PAYGSP-FO
Market process definitions
The functioning of the Pay as You Go Metering System is described in a number of Market Process Documents.
Supplier User Guide – Pay As You Go Metering
Guide available to shippers in relation to the workings of the Pay as You Go functionality for the market is outlined below.