Our customer commitment
Our commitment to you
We continuously seek to improve the levels of service that we provide on a daily basis to our customers. We aim to achieve service excellence in all aspects of our business. Our customer charter provides assurances to our customers of our dedication to these commitments, and benchmarks the performance standards that we strive to achieve. If we fail to meet these standards, we will provide compensation in certain circumstances:
- Call response - Your call will be answered within 20 seconds.
- Quotations turnaround - We will respond to all quotation requests within 7 working days.
- Appointment granting - We will schedule your appointment within 5 working days of the request.
- Appointment keeping - We will contact you a minimum of one working day prior to any appointment re-scheduling.
- Reinstatement commitment - We will ensure all excavations are back-filled and covered securely within 24 hours of work completion.
- Gas supply interruption - We will give at least two days notice if we need to interrupt your gas supply due to essential maintenance. This does not apply for emergency response work.
- Emergency response - Our aim is that the emergency response person will always arrive on site within one hour of the gas escape being reported to us.
- Gas supply restoration - We will restore gas supply as quickly as possible.
- Handling complaints - We aim to resolve all complaints, claims, or refunds within 10 working days.
- Payment guarantee - Our aim is to issue all claims or refunds within 10 working days.
Our brand promise
- Delivering a tailored experience to address customer needs.
- Optimising customer interactions and delivers continuous improvement.
- Shifting our culture to put customers first and employees centre stage.
Insights into action
Our customer is at the centre of all we do, driving us to continuously improve our customer service. Our core values steer our service delivery, customer interaction and our resolutions. Our Insights into Action strategy drives improvement to ensure we consistently deliver an excellent customer experience.
Customer Experience monitoring
We listen to our customers by monitoring customer calls and analysing why and how you contact us. You tell us when you have an issue or complaint, and we monitor and act on these to improve our customer service. We ask our customers about their experience of our service through our surveys by:
- Calling customers who contacted our contact centre
- Mystery shopping our contact centre
- Online surveys to customers who we did work for
- Bi-annual face to face surveys of our business customers
A few words from our customers
"Really nice staff doing the meter change quick process, no hassle. Quick waiting time on the phone, friendly service. Just a well done to all involved. Quick easy and great service. A Breath of fresh air!"
"Friendly, understanding the customer needs. l was recovering from operation when gas fitter called he went above his duty to assist me to make sure the job was done and helped the other gas related jobs which were not his job list to ensure the gas box was to a safe standard."