Our customer commitment
Our commitment to you
We continuously seek to improve the levels of service that we provide on a daily basis to our customers. We aim to achieve service excellence in all aspects of our business. Our customer charter provides assurances to our customers of our dedication to these commitments, and benchmarks the performance standards that we strive to achieve. If we fail to meet these standards, we will provide compensation in certain circumstances:
- Call response - Your call will be answered within 20 seconds.
- Quotations turnaround - We will respond to all quotation requests within 7 working days.
- Appointment granting - We will schedule your appointment within 5 working days of the request.
- Appointment keeping - We will contact you a minimum of one working day prior to any appointment re-scheduling.
- Reinstatement commitment - We will ensure all excavations are back-filled and covered securely within 24 hours of work completion.
- Gas supply interruption - We will give at least two days notice if we need to interrupt your gas supply due to essential maintenance. This does not apply for emergency response work.
- Emergency response - Our aim is that the emergency response person will always arrive on site within one hour of the gas escape being reported to us.
- Gas supply restoration - We will restore gas supply as quickly as possible.
- Handling complaints - We aim to resolve all complaints, claims, or refunds within 10 working days.
- Payment guarantee - Our aim is to issue all claims or refunds within 10 working days.
Our brand promise
- Delivering a tailored experience to address customer needs.
- Optimising customer interactions and delivers continuous improvement.
- Shifting our culture to put customers first and employees centre stage.
Customer Experience monitoring
We listen to our customers by monitoring customer calls and analysing why and how you contact us. You tell us when you have an issue or complaint, and we monitor and act on these to improve our customer service. We ask our customers about their experience of our service through our surveys by:
- SMS Survey to customers who contacted our contact centre
- SMS/Online survey to customers who we did work for
- Bi-monthly face to face surveys of our business customers
- Customer Service Representative Survey
Insights into action
Our customer is at the centre of all we do, driving us to continuously improve our customer service. Our core values steer our service delivery, customer interaction and our resolutions. Our Insights into Action strategy drives improvement to ensure we consistently deliver an excellent customer experience.
Age Action & Gas Networks Ireland
Established in 1992, Age Action is Ireland’s leading charity promoting positive ageing and better policies and services for all older people. Working with and for older people, we aim to make Ireland the best place in the world in which to grow old.
Our Care & Repair Programme was established in 2007 with the aim of providing older people with the practical and emotional support they need to allow them to remain independent, safe and well in their own homes for as long as they wish. Care & Repair volunteers carry out DIY work and small repairs in older people’s homes free of charge and provide befriending visits, enabling older people to live in comfort, security and dignity.
95% of people over the age of 75 in Ireland want to remain in their own homes in later life. However, only 25% of people in Ireland today can achieve this – a far lower percentage than in the UK or Europe.
As you get older, mobility naturally decreases and the simple household tasks you once took for granted are now impossible. Care & Repair volunteers carry out tens of thousands of free DIY jobs in the home for older people around Ireland every year. Care & Repair helps with the small jobs around the house that, as people get older, they might struggle to do. This can be as simple as changing a light-bulb, installing a lock, clearing a drain or tacking down a loose floorboard. However, without support to manage these essential tasks, older people can become vulnerable and at risk of falls, accidents and other dangers at home. Sometimes this can leave them with no option other than to go into supported housing, nursing homes or spend extended periods in hospital.
Age Action is delighted to announce that Gas Networks Ireland will partner with the Care & Repair Programme in 2019 to help us to enable even more older people live happy, healthy & independent lives at home for as long as they wish. A donation of €2 will be made towards Care & Repair for every Customer Satisfaction Survey completed, which will fund our Care & Repair Vans across Ireland for a year!
A few words from our customers
"Really nice staff doing the meter change quick process, no hassle. Quick waiting time on the phone, friendly service. Just a well done to all involved. Quick easy and great service. A Breath of fresh air!"
"Friendly, understanding the customer needs. l was recovering from operation when gas fitter called he went above his duty to assist me to make sure the job was done and helped the other gas related jobs which were not his job list to ensure the gas box was to a safe standard."