Social media offer exciting and innovative opportunities for Gas Networks Ireland to interact with the public and to identify ways in which we can improve our business. Gas Networks Ireland uses and maintains profiles on a number of different social media platforms (“Gas Networks Ireland' Social Media Profiles”), including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Before accessing or using any of Gas Networks Ireland' Social Media Profiles, please familiarise yourself with this Social Media Community Policy, as it will apply to your access to, and use of, Gas Networks Ireland' Social Media Profiles.
You should also read and observe any terms and conditions of the relevant social media platform operator.
- You agree that all rights, including copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in the pages and contents of Gas Networks Ireland's Social Media Profiles, and arising out of your use of, or interactions with, Gas Networks Ireland’ Social Media Profiles are owned by Gas Networks Ireland or its licensors.
- You acknowledge that any use of any pages or contents on Gas Networks Ireland’ Social Media Profiles , including copying, transmitting, creating derivative works from or storing any such pages or contents whether in whole or in part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without the express permission of Gas Networks Ireland.
- Any comments, images, videos and any other type of material that appears on any of the Gas Networks Ireland’ Social Media Profiles and which is supplied by a party other than Gas Networks Ireland do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions or ideas of Gas Networks Ireland or of it’s employees. Gas Networks Ireland accepts no liability for any such comments, images, videos or other type of material.
- You agree not to post on any of the Gas Networks Ireland’ Social Media Platforms, or otherwise cause any of the Gas Networks Ireland Social Media Platforms to display, receive or be connected to, any spam or any lewd, defamatory, abusive, offensive, threatening or otherwise inappropriate comments or materials, or any other comments or materials that could negatively affect the business and/or good name of Gas Networks Ireland, or which infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any other party.
Gas Networks Ireland does not routinely monitor content posted on or communicated to Gas Networks Ireland's Social Media Platforms but does reserve the right to monitor and review without further notice the comments, images, videos and other types of materials that are posted or appear on the Gas Networks Ireland's Social Media Platforms where there is reason to suspect that this Policy is being breached or where deemed reasonably necessary by Gas Networks Ireland for other legitimate reasons.
Gas Networks Ireland operates a strict “notice and takedown policy". On receipt of notice, or where Gas Networks Ireland becomes aware, it may remove any posts and report without notification users who:
- Are defamatory, abusive, unlawful, threatening, harmful, immoral, sexually oriented or racially offensive
- Violate any applicable laws, regulations or terms and conditions (including the terms and conditions of the relevant social media platform provider)
- Discuss legal proceedings which are ongoing
- Harass, intimidate or bully any individual or organisation, which includes threatening or encouraging bodily harm or the destruction of property.
- Make any comments or post any materials specifically mentioning or referencing individual Gas Networks Ireland’ staff member’s names or information
- Are repetitive or disruptive
- Cause a nuisance or cause the operation or functionality of the Gas Networks Ireland’ Social Media Profiles to be impaired or jeopardised
- Make any comments or post any materials that are unrelated to Gas Networks Ireland, its associates and activities
- Are deemed to be “advertising” or selling products or services
- Infringe or violate someone else’s rights (including copyright and other intellectual property rights)
- Are using the Gas Networks Ireland’ Social Media Profiles to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent
- Are using the the Gas Networks Ireland’ Social Media Profiles to access, or to attempt to penetrate security measures of Gas Networks Ireland or the relevant social media platform operator
- Are irrelevant or persistently off topic.
On receipt of notice or on becoming aware, Gas Networks Ireland will also block or remove any user who:
- Continues to post comments or materials such as those listed above
- Encourages others to post such comments or materials.
Gas Networks Ireland reserves the right at any time to revise this Social Media Community Policy. We encourage you to frequently check this page for any changes to this Social Media Community Policy. Your continued access to and use of the Gas Networks Ireland’ Social Media Platforms after any change in this Social Media Community Policy will constitute your acceptance of such change.
Last updated: 14th November 2014