What to do if you smell gas
If you smell gas call our 24 Hour Emergency Service on 1850 20 50 50 and follow the steps below.
We have been made aware of connectivity issues to 1850 numbers.
If you smell gas call: 01 920 5050
For Customer Care call: 066 710 7342
If you smell gas call our 24 Hour Emergency Service on 1850 20 50 50 immediately and follow the steps below.
- Ensure gas appliances are turned off and have not been left on and unlit
- Don’t smoke or use naked flame
- Don’t unplug or switch anything electrical on or off
- Open windows and doors
- If the smell persists turn off the gas at the meter, see our guide here
- Call our 24 hour Emergency Line 1850 20 50 50 no matter who your gas supplier is.
- If you can’t get through, dial 999 / 112
- Don’t use a phone in the immediate area of the leak, use a neighbour’s or call from outside.
On the Street
- If you smell gas on the street, call 1850 20 50 50 immediately. Don't assume that someone else will
In the interests of public safety all emergency calls are recorded