Terms and Conditions of Gas Networks Ireland (the “Promoter”) – SEAI Energy Show 2023 Competition (the “Competition”).
The opportunity to enter the Competition is only open and valid from 29 March 2023 until 30 March 2023.
1. Eligibility: The Competition is open to those aged 18 or over and who reside in the Republic of Ireland, except employees of the Promoter and its subsidiary companies, their agencies, and anyone professionally connected with the Competition.
2. How to Enter:
(i) Entrants can enter the Competition only by visiting the Promoter’s website at https://www.gasnetworks.ie/business/get-connected/competition and by registering their details via the dedicated online webform.
(ii) One entry to the Competition is allowed per person. Entries submitted on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted.
(iii) No purchase is necessary; however, internet access is required in order to enter the Competition. If a potential entrant does not already have internet access, they will need to obtain it if they wish to enter the Competition. The terms and conditions for the internet provider are a matter solely for each entrant and the relevant internet provider only and the Promoter is not responsible for these.
3. The Promoter: The Promoter is Gas Networks Ireland, a company registered in Ireland under company registration number 555744, having its registered address at Gasworks Road, Cork.
4. Prize: One Home Energy Saving Kit which comprises a fridge/ freezer thermometer, thermal leak detector, temperature & humidity, plug-in energy monitor, radiator, user manual and manufacturer’s guidelines.
Prizes are non-transferable or substitutable by a winning entrant and are not redeemable for cash. Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value. Winning entrants are responsible for all applicable government taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied by or from the Promoter, except for the standard manufacturer’s warranty which may come with a prize. Winning entrants will receive prizes or prize confirmation within thirty (30) days of winner entrant verification. Upon delivery to a winning entrant’s address, Promoter will be deemed to have awarded the prize to the winning entrant with any such winning entrant assuming full responsibility for the prize. All prize details are at Promoter’s sole discretion.
5. Winning Selection: The winning entrant of the Competition, will be chosen randomly by the Promoter from all entries received by 5.00 pm (Dublin, Ireland time) on 30 March 2023. The winning entrant will be notified thereafter by email, to the email address which they provided at the time of application to the Competition, requesting them to directly respond to the Promotor with their name, home address and telephone contact number so that the Promoter can send the prize. Should a winning entrant not wish to avail of the prize on offer when contacted with notification of the win, the prize will be offered to another randomly drawn entrant.
The Promoter has the right to contact entrants via email and/or any other means of communication for the purpose of notifying the Competition winning entrant and to attain delivery details etc. It is for this purpose that Promoter will retain the data for any shortlisted entrants submitted for a period of 21 days after 30 March 2023. After this date the data will be removed from the Promoter’s system. Data on the other entrants will be removed 1 week after the Competition closing date i.e. 6 April 2023.
7. Promoter’s Discretion: The Promoter retains sole discretion to withhold prizes without any liability if, in its view, a winning entrant is ineligible, the entry is invalid or a winning entrant does not meet the necessary requirements as set out in these terms and conditions or, if in its view, there has been an attempt to manipulate or tamper with the operation of the Competition (including, without limitation, by submitting multiple entries). The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Competition in the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside of its control. The Promoter’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. Responsibility: The Promoter does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any late, lost, ineligible or incomplete submissions or entries. Responsibility cannot be and is not accepted for entries invalidated by technical problems beyond the control of the Promoter or problems accessing the website. All internet connection charges shall be each entrant’s responsibility.
9. Entrants’ Details:
(i) Details of entrants and the winning entrant shall be retained by the Promoter for the purpose of the Competition. By entering the Competition entrants accept that should they win, their name (first name and surname), business name and/or email address details which they have supplied may be used to contact such entrant. By submitting an entry to the Competition, entrants demonstrate and hereby provide their consent to the Promoter to store and process their personal data and to transfer their personal data to third parties, if decided by the Promoter, for the purposes of the Competition. Entrants’ may withdraw their consent to the retention of such data at any time by declaring such withdrawal to the Promoter before accepting the prize by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If an entrant wishes to revoke their consent to be contacted regarding products, services, competitions at any time, they may do so by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with their name, email address or address. If an entrant wishes to see the Promoter’s full Data Protection Notice it is available to view at https://www.gasnetworks.ie/home/legal/data-protection/.
10. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions: By entering the Competition, entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and consent to the Promoter processing all submitted personal data relating to the entry.
11. Liability: To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes all liability whatsoever to entrants and winning entrants in connection with the Competition and the prize to be awarded.
12. Amendment of Terms and Conditions: The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at their sole discretion and without notice.
13. Data Protection Queries:
14. Governing Law: These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland and the parties agree that any dispute or action arising under or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland. Should a court find any of these terms and conditions are found by a court or regulator to be invalid, the remaining other provisions shall continue to apply.