How to Switch from oil to natural gas heating
- Cheaper - It is one of the most cost-effective fuels on the market - 18% cheaper than oil*
- Cleaner - It produces 24% less CO2 than oil making it the best choice for a greener future*
- Convenient - It can’t be matched for speed and controllability, heating your home significantly faster than electricity.
- Reliable - A constant supply is piped directly to your home, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, so you don’t need to spend time placing orders or relighting your boiler when the oil runs out.
- Versatile - It’s the most versatile of all fuels, compatible with a large range of modern appliances including fires, cookers and tumble dryers, along with providing hot water and heating.
- Quick installation - Typically boiler replacement work will be completed within one working day, before your house has a chance to get cold.
*SEAI 2018Check if your address can connect to natural gas
The process of switching your heating system from oil to natural gas
If your address can connect to natural gas and you have paid to connect, you can then have a Registered Gas Installer to complete the agreed internal work on your house. The work will follow the process below.
Step 2Equipment Removal
- Oil boiler is taken out allowing space for gas boiler to be connected.
- Oil tank also removed safely.
Contact our Customer Service
Step 3Select a suitable location for your new gas boiler
Locate gas boiler in kitchen or utility room with flue to outside.
Locate gas boiler outdoors in custom weatherproof casing. This can be wall mounted or within a free-standing enclosure.
c. Garage or shed
Replace outdoor boiler in garage or shed location.
Experience it for yourself
Take advantage of all natural gas has to offer. Call 1850 50 40 60 now or fill in our enquiry form to see if you can connect to our network.