The Personal Data that is referred to above will be processed for the purposes of:
• performing our functions as a public authority, including operating and maintaining the gas transmission and distribution systems;
• complying with our legal obligations;
• providing customer service to you and contacting you if required to respond to any communications you might send to us;
• establishing, exercising or defending legal claims;
• sending you promotional and marketing materials; and
• improving the services we provide to you.
Our legal basis for collecting and using this information in accordance with the provisions of this Data Privacy Notice is:
• that it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you;
• that it is necessary for the performance of tasks that we carry out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us by law (including the Energy Act 2016 and the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005);
• that it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that applies to us; or
• that you have provided consent to us for the use of your Personal Data.
Where you have provided consent for the use of your Personal Data, you can withdraw it at any time by informing firstname.lastname@example.org,
however, this will not affect the lawfulness of processing which was carried out based on your consent prior to its withdrawal.